Death of my convertor charger/ convertor remote monitor

PUG

Pug
I have had my Cyclone 3950 for one year and had actually lived in it about 8 weeks total since purchased new. I noticed the other night the lights inside going dimmer and dimmer. Upon checking the test guage it showed the batteries were about dead. I checked the fuse on the fuse panel the fuse for the convertor was popped. I reset it . Then I opened up the basement back panel to access the convertor. Upon testing it it didn't show any DC current coming out of it. I checked the incoming AC plug in box and it was live. I removed the convertor and rechecked it again but no change.
Being I am in Tucson for the winter I took the convertor to the local Cyclone dealer but they were less than willing to help and wanted me to bring the trailer in (had the convertor in hand) and some more hoops to jump through. I then called my dealer in Idaho and he gave me Heartland's regional troubleshooter a Mister Chris Delapaz. I told Chris my dilema and he immediately said I will send you a new convertor out immediately, just send the old one back. No problem.

I want the factory to know that Chris is doing a really good job.

Upon looking at the manufacturer's website (Intelli-Power,Progressive Dynamics) I saw on the site that for my convertor (Model PD 9280) that they offer a remote that plugs into an auxillary port on the convertor that tells you what the convertor is doing. I will be receiving this remote in the next few days and will mount it through the wall next to my testing station so I can more accurately test and keep an eye on the convertor and what it is doing. Cost, nothing for the convertor (under warranty) and $10 for the remote monitor.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Recently my converter went out also. My manufacturer warranty had expired but extended warranty is active. We called progressive dynamics and they shipped a replacement converter (had to ship the defective one back - they paid shipping). The extended warranty paid for the labor to remove and replace it. So I guess what I am saying is Progressive Dynamics stood behind their product. Thanks again

2010augusta

Thanks

I just ordered a monitor for my unit. I had my converter crap out a month ago. Called Heartland C/S and had one shipped out the next day. Meanwhile I plugged my trusty automotive battery charger and stuck in the compartment with the batteries. Got us through the week it took to ship to the middle of no-where Texas.