outside clothes line

patrick1945

When we take delivery on the BH the clothes line that comes off the back bumper will be NO MORE. My wife loves it and is going to ask me to come up with something else.

Does that sound like something you have heard before?

I understand that there are clothes lines that come off the ladder and others use wooden fold up racks (that are now plastic).

What have you done about this?

Niles

My DW has one of those wooden racks she bought in Shipshewana, true Amish craftsmanship. I consider it a real PIB, I have seen those that attach to the ladder, don't think it has as much space to hang stuff. It would diffentlly be out of the way when storing though, I think.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My personal opnion is clothes racks hanging off of RVs remind me of a cheap trailer park. But again to each their own.

cjbearden

Visitor
Many parks where we have stayed do not allow the drying racks, period. We have never used one since we have w/d inside.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The park where we are right now in the Rio Grande Valley allows the drying racks and several of the long-term residents use them. They are pretty tacky looking IMHO but they probably do a good job of drying the clothes and towels. I personally don't want one, but to each his own.

jbeletti

When the kids meet us in Wisconsin Dells and we do the water parks, it's nice to hang the beach towels out to dry. I don't have a drying rack nor would it be big enough or strong enough for 6 to 10 big wet towels so we hang them on the awning arms and backs of outdoor chairs for a couple hours. Tacky? Yeah :) Effective? Yep. We take them down as soon as they are dry.

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
When the kids meet us in Wisconsin Dells and we do the water parks, it's nice to hang the beach towels out to dry. I don't have a drying rack nor would it be big enough or strong enough for 6 to 10 big wet towels so we hang them on the awning arms and backs of outdoor chairs for a couple hours. Tacky? Yeah :) Effective? Yep. We take them down as soon as they are dry.

Jim

Sometimes known as "Trailer Park Chic" None (Just kidding of course)

irvin56

Suction cup hooks

You can get the bigger Suction ones with the (cup hook) and with the nice flat smooth surface on back of trailer works fine to stick them on and hang towels to dry.
When dry take of towsls and you don't even notice them on there. Just remember to take off before you leave on a long haul(will need to buy new ones otherwise)

We use only long enought to dry. They have not mentioned to take down, where they have came around and told peolpe to take down cloths lines.
As stated most places say no to cloths lines because of looks and people walking around an night.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Ray, where I'm going out in West Texas...the only complaints would be from the coyotes...and they can't write.

2010augusta

I can find the post, but I saw someone else made a bar with a couple of notches that cantilevered into the support bars for the ladder and would hang off to one side. this would be quick and easy to use/store if you only wanted to dry a few items. I use the dryer most of the time, but will dry some big towels by hanging them on the rungs of the ladder.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This is something I made from 3/4" pvc. It is 4 ft X 4ft with 10 lines for hanging cloths or whatever. When we travel it lays on the bed. If we don't want it attached to the ladder we slide it under the rig. Works great and lightweight. Materials list is 2-10ft 3/4" lengths of PVC. 4 elbows, 2 tees, 2 eyebolts, 50 ft. 1/4" nylon braided line, 2 clasps.

Attachments

• 100_0519.JPG
    100_0519.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 50

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ray
Like your clothes line rack.. But... please define clasps. Is that the climbing links or what ever... How do you connect the ropes to the top of the ladder and the rack to the ladder.. Lets get a little more professional with these technical sessions.. :cool:
BC

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Ray
Like your clothes line rack.. But... please define clasps. Is that the climbing links or what ever... How do you connect the ropes to the top of the ladder and the rack to the ladder.. Lets get a little more professional with these technical sessions.. :cool:
BC

Simple.

One trailer. One tree. One rope. 1 wet sheet.

Apply sun until dry.

Got that?;)

ps. I got a washer and dryer in this thing. But, you can bet your bippy that my sheets will get full sun drying when I get out to west Texas. H*ll, I might wash sheets everyday just for the feel of sundried bedding.

Now, if I could only sleep as good as I used to sleep on those sheets.

(Waxing nostalgic remembing mother and old clothes line out back.)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray
BC
Yup, Clasps are those climbing links or whatever.:D The little aluminum thingies (how's that for technical?) on the corners of the frame. I attached the lines to the ladder by looping the line around the ladder frame. I tried to crop the pic but it was not too clear. I guess I compressed it too much. The rack itself just rests against the frame at a ladder rung and bungee ball thingies(There's that technical term again)hold it to the frame. You'll probably see it in a few weeks, Heck, I'll even help you build one;).