Where is the converter?

I would like to add a Charge Wizard to my parents new 3055. Before I do do a "Search and Destroy" mission in their basement, can anyone tell me where the converter is located. :confused:

ChopperBill

Even our salesman couldn't find it! We came to the conclusion it was behind a panel in the basement. Didn't confirm that though.

svd

On our unit, it is behind the electrical panel below the closet on the right when you walk in. I think the only way to get to it is to remove the panel in the storage area. I was thinking of adding the charge wizzard myself.

svd

I just keep thinking I am missing something................just find the convertor and plug this in, and that is all there is to it?

jbeletti

Yep - that's there is to installing it. I seem to recall a screw that needs to be removed on the converter, then plug in the charge wizard. Maybe replace the screw, can't remember.

Consider placement of the control unit too. The cord on the Wizard is maybe 3 feet. On my Landmark, I wanted to place my Wizard controller next to the battery shut-off switch, viewable and accessable just inside one of my exterior doors (above the battery compartment). I had to chop the cord in half, route the wiring and resplice it. Progressive Dynamics approved my method in advance.

Happy charging.

Jim

On edit: Check out this link for a picture of the plug into the back of the Wizard

Last edited:

Cooper

Dumb question why do you need a charger. My battery has never gone down. A charge wizard is a trickle charger?

ChopperBill

The Charge Wizard is a three stage charger. If I use my generator to charge up the batteries while boon docking they charge up a lot faster than without the Wizard. When in the float mode it wont boil your batteries dry like a conventional charger. Every once in a while it will shoot extra voltage to the battery so it wont sulfate. I don't know all the fancy terms but you can visit their web site and read all about them. Like I said for about $25 and a 5 minute install you cant go wrong.

on edit: There is a button on them that you can push to regulate the rate of charge also.
on another edit: If you order one make sure that you tell them if you have acid charged batteries or gel cell. There is a difference in Wizards.

Last edited: