took the plunge

CrazyScotsman

The wife and I took the plunge, we bought a 09 BH 3580:D, we pick it up Friday, it is loaded with everything except slide awnings. Dealer said it would take a week and a half for them to come in. That would have been OK, but I have to leave for Dallas Saturday I transferred there, so I wouldn't be layed off back here. Wife is staying back in MO:(:(:(:(
So if any of you TX people know a good RV park in Dallas area that do monthly rentals please let me know. A central location would be great as I will be working out of 5 different terminals, N.E.S.and West.
Cheers.... Ken

PS. Does anyone know anything about the Hi Ho rv park , and if you do is it centrally located ?????

Tom of Ypsi

I have not stayed at Hi Ho RV Park but on www.rvparkreviews.com it does not have a good rating. Last rating was done in 2007 and it was a 3 out of a 10. The park may have changed a lot since then but no one has posted. We use this site often when traveling with good results.

Also welcome to the HL family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ken, Welcome to the Heartland family. It's good to hear you finally got a Bighorn. The 3580 is a great floorplan. Enjoy the new rig. Travel Safe.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have to leave for Dallas Saturday I transferred there, so I wouldn't be layed off back here.

So if any of you TX people know a good RV park in Dallas area that do monthly rentals please let me know. A central location would be great as I will be working out of 5 different terminals, N.E.S.and West.

PS. Does anyone know anything about the Hi Ho rv park , and if you do is it centrally located ?????

I don't know where you will mainly be working. That would help. As Jim Beletti said Treetops RV Village in Arlington might be good. I have not stayed there.

Here is a URL that you can see the Campground site. Select Birds Eye View as seen in the included picture.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?cp=32.687072|-97.137666&style=h&lvl=17&v=1

There is RV Ranch south of Fort Worth in Burleson that is good.

Attachments

• Treetop RV.JPG
    Treetop RV.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 14

CrazyScotsman

Thanks for all the replies.
Bob , I only know where 1 terminal is, and that is of 12 on Irvine Blvd ( 367 ), the other 4 I have no idea. I will be on what they call the extra board so what terminal I run out of will change from day to day.
Thanks again for the info.
Cheers Ken

CrazyScotsman

I found a park to stay at, Texan RV Ranch,in Mansfield TX, no idea how it will be, I tried the Plantation in Sunnyvale, but fully booked like a lot of the parksin that area. The Texan only had 2 sites left so I think I got lucky. I will look around once I get down there to see if there is anything. So if anyone is in the area look me up, it's going to be real tough being away from my wife. Cheers Ken

Peteandsharon

Ken, Technically, the Dallas Hi-Ho RV park is in Glenn Heights (Dallas county) and it is about 15 miles south of Dallas proper. In addition to the rvparkreviews mentioned above, the trailer life directory rates it as only so so.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Congrats Ken.

There is Lighthouse RV Resort also in Mellisa TX North of Dallas on 75.

They do have monthly rates with metered electric.

Don't know much else about it, it's near my parents but I havn't been there yet.

CrazyScotsman

Thanks for all the park info.
We spent all day yesterday at the dealer, getting hitch installed on truck, fifth airborn on trailer, and washer dryer combo installed. we were wanting the stackable washer dryer, but that would have been a major pain installing it, so we went with the combo. The dealer and his crew were really great. 10 out of 10.
Great Escapes RV Center - Gamaliel Arkansas - Tulsa OK - Springfield IL - Spri
We had a good PDI. no problems found by the wife and I, but they found a couple of little things that the wife and I would never have thought about.
The 3580 pulled like a dream, and my little old Ford pulled it like a charm, now fighting the wind my fuel mileage was down to 7 mpg.
Wife and I are glad we done our homework and found this forum, you guys sure gave us a lot of knowledge on our first RV. Thank you all.
It is snowing here in SW MO. and I have to get the trailer loaded so I can take off for Dallas around noon. I just hope the Wi Fi at Texan RV ranch is good so I can get on my laptop, and keep up with what's going on in the Heartland family.
Anyhoo thanks again for all the info .
Cheers .... Ken & Elaine
2005 Ford F350 . crew cab. DRW. PSD. King Ranch
2009 Heartland Big Horn 3580RL. AT LAST. :)

truknutt

Committed Member
Isn't great when a finely honed plan all comes together?!! Glad you have your new "home", just be careful on your journey south.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be careful when travelling to Texas as we have high wind warnings in the Houston area today for winds 15-25 gusting to 35-40

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The winds are certainly high down here in the Rio Grande Valley, and today, winter returned! The temperature dropped about 15 degrees in an hour and a half or so. Temps in the lower 60's are quite a change from yesterday's 95.

CrazyScotsman

Yesterday evening was bad on I 44 in MO. Wind was blowing straight out of the North and it was snowning like a you know what. 44 was slick between Springfield and Miami OK. I thought I was going to loose it while I was crossing an overpass which was ice covered a gust of wind blew me from slow lane to the passing lane with the trailer at about a 45 degree angle, that got my attention real quick. From Big Cabin South it went well, with a nice tailwind. I got into the RV park around 2.30 am set up the best I could as I was tired got everything done properly after I had myself a wee nap. So here I sit missing the wife, I think we have talked to each other about a dozen times today. This Big Horn sure is nice. Cheers....Ken 2005 F350.CC. DRW.LWB.PSD.King Ranch 2009 Big Horn 3580RL

Last edited: