Happy Days

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
They say the two happiest days in a boat owners life are the day they buy their boat, and the day they sell it. Well, I sold my 28 footer this past Saturday and I was definitely a Happy Camper. Now my lovely wife and I can concentrate on camping. Woo-Hoo!:D

rckc228

I know freedom .If you have a boat your always feeling guilty about not using in enough.Plus now I can borrow my friends that used mine for the past several years.

Last edited:

medic9016

Boat = A hole in the water you put money into. I just rent now if I want a boat. No insurance, taxes or maintenance.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My wife will not let me sell our 20ft pontoon. The main reason for getting the 3670 was to be more comfortable when we go up to Indian River, where we keep the pontoon. The 5'er will be parked up there for the summer season, too. If you're familiar with Michigan's Inland Waterway, you might appreciate why we like to go up there as often as possible.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Two of the happiest days in your life if the day you buy your boat and the day you sell your boat. I just sold mine....whahoo!!!!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
still have our 26 ft sailboat and I am NOT going to sell it. We hav been boating since 1973 and there is still to much to see and so much pleasure in it. Love to get out in the 5th also, we just do it all the other months, 'cause July and August are boating months....

Uncle Rog

I am with Rand, a sailboat is a lot of fun and not "too" much to go wrong or really expensive to fix. I had access to a Shock 25 a million years ago and had a great time with it, I should have bought it. Most of my friends with boats have the "Eliminator" type, lots to go wrong and really expensive to fix, usually. I will stick with the 5er for now...
B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand.............................................................

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I am with Rand, a sailboat is a lot of fun and not "too" much to go wrong or really expensive to fix. I had access to a Shock 25 a million years ago and had a great time with it, I should have bought it. Most of my friends with boats have the "Eliminator" type, lots to go wrong and really expensive to fix, usually. I will stick with the 5er for now...
B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand.............................................................

Tell me about it!:eek: Two years ago - major I/O work, new canvas, and a new starter. Last year - new alternator, battery charger, and starting battery. This year - priceless!None

boatdoc

I think power boats are just great, if I don't own one. They have paid the bills for 31 years now!!! Keep the seasonal service up on them and they're not that bad, when they break, that's when us boat mechs can afford 3670's.:D

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
DW and I lived on a 42" houseboat for 6 years, it was great, only downside was that it only 1 mile to the gallon. Running twin 340 chrysler's with 360 heads. We loved it. Now getting ready to hit the trail with the Sundance. Oh yeah on the boat, the day that we sold it was a very happy day.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You know what they say about boats... they are nothing but a hole in the water to pour money in.....

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Congrad to the detroit lions they beat dallas cowboys and the detroit tigers beat new york yankees to day! Sunday 10-2 2011 --- way to go boys! Traveler07

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I guess one of the happiest days of our lives was when we bought our 23' Sweetwater Pontoon Boat, it is a really good fishing boat with 2 fishing chairs front and aft. The 90 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motor pushes it along real well. It is also very quiet running. We still enjoy a lot of fishing... Next was when we took delivery on our 2011 BigHorn 3585 RL. WE have really enjoyed our camping trips even though they have been short ones. The longest having been 400 miles one way. When we camp around good lakes we will rent a boat if we need to get on the water, or get a guide... We will probably not sellour boat or 5th wheel. Just enjoy both of them to the fullest..In other words we are Thankful for what we have worked for and are equally thankful we can enjoy it...

Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City, OK
2010 Ford F350 FX4 6.4 Diesel Dually
2011 BigHorn 3585 RL