Still at dealers for shower leak Follow up

tmcran

Dealer has worked very hard to fix the leaks from the shower.The leaks continue to come from where the metal trim joins the pan. They have had it since Monday. They have cleaned all the factory silicone out. The factory caulking job was very badly done. I could see where the gaps were in the bead. The tech told me it was the worse leaking shower he had seen. At this time the silicone has been cleaned out and re- done twice. Each time it gets better but still not acceptable. The plactic sweep at the bottom of the door is to short for one thing.

The wetness in the baseament was found to be from the gravity feed tube over flowing. The tank had a low spot in the hose to the fresh water tank. This prevented the tank from being filled. At about 1/3 full the water backed up and over flowed into the the UDC.This was not sealed well letting the over flow get into the basemant. After they recaulked the UDC I believe that fixed the problem. The dealer is going to recaulk the shower once again tonight and see how it does. He knows I would like to use my new Sundance. Not sure what options after that.

IMO these are things the dealer should not have to spend time on. Basic installations such as these should be done and inspected before leaving the manufacture. Bottom line quality control.

jnbhobe

make sure he checks the fresh water vent line , Its too low thats why the tank won't fill all the way. Jon;););)

tmcran

Yep, I got the impression from the tech that the fill hose was the one that was to low. The tank does fill now.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Did you get it fixed? Silicone should not be used for a shower drain. My 2ct. worth.
Stop by and i'll fix it for you for a hand shake.

Retired union Steamfitter/Plumber.