1/2 a League, 1/2 a League, 1/2 a League Onward...

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I bought a 2009 Heartland 3055RL last spring. I've been playing with the insides of mine.

3055RL.jpg

So far, I've replaced all the incandescents with fluorescents. Gotten rid of one chair and footstool. Put in a freezer, a washing machine, a dryer. Added a 4 foot long counter extension. Now, I got a place to bake my bread again. I miss that...wanna try out the KitchenAide's dough hook.

Handicapped grab bars in the bathing area.

Still arguing with the contractor on the new shower. He's a little hesistant to provide drawings. And, until he tells me the materials and how he plans on doing the work. I'm in a stall here. 2 weeks, and it's going back out for bids. I'm spending a lot of money here...the S*B could at least return a phone call.

In the process of putting down new laminate with a twist. Couple of other things still in the planning stages. I want to get all the carpet out that I can.

Before I leave, the dining room set, the king bed, the couch and the other chair and foot stool will have gone to good homes. Being in a chair, I don't need them.

My next stop out of here will be in the Dallas area for a custom furniture installation. The finish carpentry guy is going to put this in...only a lot longer and wider.

2e84_1.JPG

This will be along the drivers side of the trailer with another across the back. The one across the back will hold a twin mattress. All have storage under the lids. The one I have now is for my cast iron. I need storage space. But, I need it low

He will be replacing the king size bed with a queen size and a custom headboard. Might be nice to sleep in a bed again. I've been on a couch since my latest round of surgeries.

3367_12.JPG

Yep this will fit...the carpenter says he can build it anyway I want...and I want. I'm thinking about removing the dresser from the bedroom. It's just about useless anyway. The drawers will hold exactly 3 rolled T-shirts. The dresser looks good...but..my carpenter buddy will figure out a replacement. Until then, it's gonna stay. May be able to use the drawer slides for something else. Oh yeah, I know it out of scale for the trailer...but, I don't care...I want this bed.

A permanent AC and DC meter large enough for me to see them. Trying to figure out how to add a AC Ammeter to give me a read out of my power usage/available. Anybody with some ideas, on how to get this done, let me know. I'm fresh out of ideas here.

Outside, I've added a Winegard Travler Auto Dish and a Motosat Internet Dish. Looks like a military task force command. Wait until I get all the ham antennas mounted! I'm looking at the space between the slide and rear of the trailer for the ham antenna and possibly on the slide-side itself.

//heartlandowners.org/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=108

I haven't figured out where to put the counter-battery radar, yet.

The tow vehicle is still under negotiation with the vendor and the VA. I got a letter from the VA today giving me a date to bring my vehicle in for evaluation. The company doing the mods on the truck will also be the one adding my chair lift to the trailer. Hopefully, this will be complete in the next 6 weeks or so. Things move s-l-o-w when dealing with the boys in charge of the $$$. I desperately want to get this completed before Congress and the current administration decide they are doing too much for the veterans.

There's doing to be a couple of things more...but, there's plenty of time to talk about them later.

Ok Ray, beat that!!

rckc228

Wow very ambitious . It quite the project,but it looks like you have it very well planned out.

bill40

WOW Lefty, when your friend figures that dresser out let us know, you are 100% right it is useless. That is a cool bed.

2010augusta

The dresser is not useless, I now have a drawer for white socks:D, a draw for black socks:D and a drawer for tan socks:D. I'm not that organized, but that is all that will fit.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The dresser is not useless, I now have a drawer for white socks:D, a draw for black socks:D and a drawer for tan socks:D. I'm not that organized, but that is all that will fit.

Tans socks won't fit in mine..only black and white...maybe you got a bigger dresser?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Lefty
How many sock do you own.. You can get more changes in the drawers than I can... :rolleyes:

I would like to see that new dresser also..
BC

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty
How many sock do you own.. You can get more changes in the drawers than I can... :rolleyes:

I would like to see that new dresser also..
BC

That's true...honest conservation...You buy a pair and wear them out in a week...I buy a pair and they last me 2 weeks.

Now, if I can just find "The Right Shoe Store".None

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
That's true...honest conservation...You buy a pair and wear them out in a week...I buy a pair and they last me 2 weeks.

Now, if I can just find "The Right Shoe Store".None

I think you should still buy pairs........ use the extra one to throw at politicians........... or Terrorize the VA.None

cjbearden

Visitor
Your wish is my command

http://www.mixmatchshoes.com/

Here you can buy all the right shoes you can afford!

Love what you are doing with the place, Lefty. You need to throw a big party when you get back to Texas. I bet you could sell tickets for tours!!!:eek:

CJ

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Your wish is my command

http://www.mixmatchshoes.com/

Here you can buy all the right shoes you can afford!

Love what you are doing with the place, Lefty. You need to throw a big party when you get back to Texas. I bet you could sell tickets for tours!!!:eek:

CJ

Thank you ma'am.

No joke...I have to buy my shoes in pairs just like normal non-gimpy types.:p. The Heighth of the shoes have to match. Not a lot of flexibility in my lefty fakey foot. And, it's a pain in the a** too...believe me.

Honestly, I'm doing all this work for all the people on the forum...that way they will have a prime example of what not to do.