Underneath Slide Leaking

JoPa

When driving thru rain my floor was wet under the slides. I found a small hole in front (by the door) of the big slide. I found a bigger hole in the rear of this slide. I couldn't find any thing in the ent. slide. These holes seem to be a lack of a rubber seal to keep the water out. Other than that the rig has been pretty good. Any solutions or fixes.

busted2341

Contact Scott in the ask factory part..He is good at answering..I too am curious since I expect to take delivery any day now....

Scott

Slide-outs

I can't really tell by your description here. Have you taken it to your dealer?That is always option #1 as their service techs are in contact with our service techs to repair any issues our owners may run into.

If you will snap some digital photos and send them to either Randy Denton (Eastern half of the U.S.) at randy@heartlandrvs.com or Chris DeLapaz (Western half of the U.S.) at paz@heartlandrvs.com they will work with you to get your coach repaired.

ST

JoPa

Thanks Scott. I am going to the dealer in a month or so (they are 200 miles away). I will check with them.

TomD

Soaked carpet

Hello:

I had the same problem last September and took it to the dealer. Unfortunately, when mine was built, they failed to put in the second rubber sealer. (I was told that there should have been 2 seals). They installed the seal. I had contacted Chris Delapaz and requested that the carpet be replaced (since it was traveling thru road debris all day long). He stated that they would not replace the carpet, but they did have it cleaned.

Hope this helps,
Tom

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
Hello:

I had the same problem last September and took it to the dealer. Unfortunately, when mine was built, they failed to put in the second rubber sealer. (I was told that there should have been 2 seals). They installed the seal. I had contacted Chris DeLaPaz and requested that the carpet be replaced (since it was traveling thru road debris all day long). He stated that they would not replace the carpet, but they did have it cleaned.

Hope this helps,
Tom

Wouldn't replace the carpet? That really sucks. So now what? You get to smell moldy carpet and flooring for the rest of your ownership? This worries me even more. I have the 3670RL that I purchased in California and drove up to Oregon in rain and snow the whole way. When I got my brand new coach home (yesterday) the entire length of the dining/living room slide had leaked water and drenched the floor. I can't get it in to a service center until the 11th of Feb so now the floor will be further damaged by moisture. I have the heat running with a fan on the carpet but the floor is not going to dry. The carpet is ruined as far as I am concerned. I haven't even been able to enjoy my coach and now this. Add to that the fact that my kitchen slide got jammed up and tweaked by a poorly placed cabinet door that is out of site behind the slide. My dealer didn't warn me about that one. I'm so disappointed I just want to give it back.

Tom of Ypsi

If you have access to a wet/dry vacuum this will help dry your carpet and floor out. I know this is not the fix or the answers you are looking for but hope it helps some. Heartland will make it right it just takes time and patience. Good Luck