2010 International Heartland Owners Rally - Location Poll

Poll Closed: 2010 Rally Location

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Hi all,

Brainstorming on locations for our 2010 North American Heartland Owners Rally.

In the last year, the Club has really taken off. More and more chapters have organized and the rally count increases every month. This is an awesome thing. The more local chapter rallies we have, the more Heartland owners can get to one or more rallies. I have been to many of these chapter rallies and most of them are amazing.

This lessens the dependence on trying to get to a single rally, when we only had one a year in Goshen, Indiana. That said, the North American Rally hosted by the Club home office is the biggie and take rallies to the next level for those interested in that sort of thing.

Our plan to to hold this rally near Elkhart, Indiana ("back home") every other year, and put the show on the road every other year. No matter where the rally on the road is located, it will always include and exclude Heartland owners based on distance from their home base. This is inescapable. But we do have a bit of flexibility on where we hold it.

Criteria on location/venue for this rally is:

• Venue must be able to host at least 100 rigs with capability to host much more if needed
  • Full-hookups are preferred as this rally is usually longer than others (planning to add a day to the "back home" rally beginning 2010)
  • Rally hall or building that is right-sized and comfortable based on local weather at rally time
  • Preferably, some interesting local points of interest
That all said, I am tossing around some ideas for and visiting some areas to hold our 2010 rally.

In the running thus far is (see maps at bottom of this post):

• Kansas State Fairgrounds - Hutchinson, Kansas
  • CG TBD - Nashville, TN
With that, I'd like to do two things with this thread:

1. Have *interested parties vote in the poll on these 2 places
  2. Get input from *interested parties on other locations/venues that could host a rally of this size
So please vote and speak your mind. Thank you,

Jim

* Interested Parties

Some owners are not joiners or rallyers. Some are not in a position to travel over a thousand miles to a rally. Some just cannot get a week or two off in June or July due to work, school, crops, kids, pets, parents or other reasons. This is all very understandable and a-okay. You are as important to me as all other owners. For this particular discussion however, we will not need your feedback.

For this poll and this discussion to the most helpful for this particular rally, who we want to hear from are those of you who can get the time off, can travel the distance and are interested in coming to this rally.

US/CAN Map showing both proposed 2010 rally locations:
//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_rally_location_ideas.jpg

Current snapshot of HOP (Heartland Owners Position) Map showing where owners are now:
//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/HOP_02-26-09.jpg

Last edited:

sharmulst

I vote for Kansas. It is centrally located and (geographic center of the lower 48 states) maybe some of the owners from California, Oregon, and other western states could make it. Having it in the east adds several hundred miles for people from the west.
The fairgrounds is very nice as we have been there before.

jbeletti

Nashville it is!

Flew there last week and spent a couple of days visiting. Very neat city. We should have a great time!

Discuss this rally here in this thread.

See details about the rally in this read only thread.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
My choice would have been Kansas as it is much closer. Nashville is an extra 500 miles and a day and a half driving and that is each way. Not sure we'll be able to make it...../Doug

loafer

Depending on dates (end of July) for example we may make Nashville as we are planning a cross Canada trip and back thru the USA in 2010
Keep us posted Jim
Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about Gillette Wyoming at the Cam-Center. Great Facility, Great Weather and plenty to see. Keep it on the list.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Love Nashville. The places that I have stayed there (several camp grounds) are all on Music Valley Rd; the same road as Camping World and near the Opry Mills area. Lots to do in that area. I am not sure of the number of spaces that are in the different camp grounds but I'm sure that can be determined. I can't be at the ralley this year due to an addition to the number of grandchildren around that time.

DennisZ

Retired by then or not, I'm going to go... Been wanting to go to Nashville, this make a good excuse to go.

Dennis

rjr6150

My vote would be for Hutchinson, KS. centrally located also quite a few attractions in the area. We attended The Rally there in 2004 and really enjoyed the place.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The 2009 rally hasn't even started and I am already super psyched about the 2010 Nashville Rally. We have stayed at the Yogi Bear RV Park down the road from the KOA. It is a really nice area. Camping world just up the street. Grand Ole Opry Hotel is really cool. We stopped in at the local Mall and ate at a throw back 60's style hamburger place. Also ate at the Alabama Grill. On our way home from there we stopped for a couple of night at Mammoth Cave. OK, enough, let's concentrate on this year's rally.

Later,

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We will make next year's rally and I like Nashville better than Kansas.

Looking forward to Goshen.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm in for Nashville. Hard one day drive, or easy two days. What the heck - hard one day drive!:D Actually glad it's fairly close by since we can't make it this year.

Gus

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Can't wait - Nashville is in my backyard but a great place to have a rally. Lots to do and enjoy both in the downtown area as well as Opryland Hotel area. Lots of history to go visit as well such as Heritage or Belle Meade homes. Thanks Jim for researching this area.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I'll be there for this one. Vacationed there in 2007 and loved every minute of it. Know right where the KOA is, drove by it a few times.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Either one would be fine due to not having to drive through the dang Chicago area. Yippee! But why is the poll closed?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I'm in for Nashville. Hard one day drive, or easy two days. What the heck - hard one day drive!:D Actually glad it's fairly close by since we can't make it this year.

Gus

I'm with you Gus. Now that I've got a year to plan, I will certainly make Nashville. We have stayed at that KOA before. Nice place and while all of the traditional Nashville stuff is exciting, the real attraction is having a Camping World within walking distance....Now that's worth going to!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.