PDA

View Full Version : 2010 International Heartland Owners Rally - Location Poll

jbeletti
02-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi all,

Brainstorming on locations for our 2010 North American Heartland Owners Rally.

In the last year, the Club has really taken off. More and more chapters have organized and the rally count increases every month. This is an awesome thing. The more local chapter rallies we have, the more Heartland owners can get to one or more rallies. I have been to many of these chapter rallies and most of them are amazing.

This lessens the dependence on trying to get to a single rally, when we only had one a year in Goshen, Indiana. That said, the North American Rally hosted by the Club home office is the biggie and take rallies to the next level for those interested in that sort of thing.

Our plan to to hold this rally near Elkhart, Indiana ("back home") every other year, and put the show on the road every other year. No matter where the rally on the road is located, it will always include and exclude Heartland owners based on distance from their home base. This is inescapable. But we do have a bit of flexibility on where we hold it.

Criteria on location/venue for this rally is:

Venue must be able to host at least 100 rigs with capability to host much more if needed
Full-hookups are preferred as this rally is usually longer than others (planning to add a day to the "back home" rally beginning 2010)
Rally hall or building that is right-sized and comfortable based on local weather at rally time
Preferably, some interesting local points of interest

That all said, I am tossing around some ideas for and visiting some areas to hold our 2010 rally.

In the running thus far is (see maps at bottom of this post):

Kansas State Fairgrounds - Hutchinson, Kansas
CG TBD - Nashville, TN

With that, I'd like to do two things with this thread:

Have *interested parties vote in the poll on these 2 places
Get input from *interested parties on other locations/venues that could host a rally of this size

So please vote and speak your mind. Thank you,

Jim

* Interested Parties

Some owners are not joiners or rallyers. Some are not in a position to travel over a thousand miles to a rally. Some just cannot get a week or two off in June or July due to work, school, crops, kids, pets, parents or other reasons. This is all very understandable and a-okay. You are as important to me as all other owners. For this particular discussion however, we will not need your feedback.

For this poll and this discussion to the most helpful for this particular rally, who we want to hear from are those of you who can get the time off, can travel the distance and are interested in coming to this rally.

US/CAN Map showing both proposed 2010 rally locations:
//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_rally_location_ideas.jpg

Current snapshot of HOP (Heartland Owners Position) Map showing where owners are now:
//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/HOP_02-26-09.jpg

Edd and Janet
03-31-2009, 01:28 PM
I vote for TN

Zonian
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I vote for Tn.
Seeing as we live in Ga!!:D

sharmulst
03-31-2009, 03:28 PM
I vote for Kansas. It is centrally located and (geographic center of the lower 48 states) maybe some of the owners from California, Oregon, and other western states could make it. Having it in the east adds several hundred miles for people from the west.
The fairgrounds is very nice as we have been there before.

jbeletti
03-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Nashville it is!

Flew there last week and spent a couple of days visiting. Very neat city. We should have a great time!

Discuss this rally here in this thread.

See details about the rally in this read only thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9279).

DougLynne
03-31-2009, 03:55 PM
My choice would have been Kansas as it is much closer. Nashville is an extra 500 miles and a day and a half driving and that is each way. Not sure we'll be able to make it...../Doug

loafer
03-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Depending on dates (end of July) for example we may make Nashville as we are planning a cross Canada trip and back thru the USA in 2010
Keep us posted Jim
Thanks

jmgratz
03-31-2009, 04:47 PM
How about Gillette Wyoming at the Cam-Center. Great Facility, Great Weather and plenty to see. Keep it on the list.

superduty08
03-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Love Nashville. The places that I have stayed there (several camp grounds) are all on Music Valley Rd; the same road as Camping World and near the Opry Mills area. Lots to do in that area. I am not sure of the number of spaces that are in the different camp grounds but I'm sure that can be determined. I can't be at the ralley this year due to an addition to the number of grandchildren around that time.

DennisZ
03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Retired by then or not, I'm going to go... Been wanting to go to Nashville, this make a good excuse to go.

Dennis

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Jim Kansas is in the center of the states that can be good for all ............Bob

rjr6150
03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
My vote would be for Hutchinson, KS. centrally located also quite a few attractions in the area. We attended The Rally there in 2004 and really enjoyed the place.

mrcomer
03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
The 2009 rally hasn't even started and I am already super psyched about the 2010 Nashville Rally. We have stayed at the Yogi Bear RV Park down the road from the KOA. It is a really nice area. Camping world just up the street. Grand Ole Opry Hotel is really cool. We stopped in at the local Mall and ate at a throw back 60's style hamburger place. Also ate at the Alabama Grill. On our way home from there we stopped for a couple of night at Mammoth Cave. OK, enough, let's concentrate on this year's rally.

Later,

jayc
03-31-2009, 08:44 PM
We will make next year's rally and I like Nashville better than Kansas.

Looking forward to Goshen.

boatto5er
03-31-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm in for Nashville. Hard one day drive, or easy two days. What the heck - hard one day drive!:D Actually glad it's fairly close by since we can't make it this year.

Gus

Nabo
03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Can't wait - Nashville is in my backyard but a great place to have a rally. Lots to do and enjoy both in the downtown area as well as Opryland Hotel area. Lots of history to go visit as well such as Heritage or Belle Meade homes. Thanks Jim for researching this area.

fljlcw
04-01-2009, 07:07 AM
nashville sounds great will try to figure A way to go
Fred #1073

bsummit
04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I'll be there for this one. Vacationed there in 2007 and loved every minute of it. Know right where the KOA is, drove by it a few times.

Ray LeTourneau
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Either one would be fine due to not having to drive through the dang Chicago area. Yippee! But why is the poll closed?

klindgren
04-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm in for Nashville. Hard one day drive, or easy two days. What the heck - hard one day drive!:D Actually glad it's fairly close by since we can't make it this year.

Gus

I'm with you Gus. Now that I've got a year to plan, I will certainly make Nashville. We have stayed at that KOA before. Nice place and while all of the traditional Nashville stuff is exciting, the real attraction is having a Camping World within walking distance....Now that's worth going to!!:)

boatto5er
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm with you Gus. Now that I've got a year to plan, I will certainly make Nashville. We have stayed at that KOA before. Nice place and while all of the traditional Nashville stuff is exciting, the real attraction is having a Camping World within walking distance....Now that's worth going to!!:)

Never stayed there but I've driven right by it several times. Matter of fact, we once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express right up the road (sounds like a commercial:eek:). You're right about the Camping World! Ever since they closed the store in Manassas, we've been having withdrawal pains. When we were in Myrtle Beach last November one of the Camping Worlds (yep, they have TWO there!) was just a short distance away. Think we spent as much time there as we did at the campground.

DennisZ
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I just got an E-mail from Good Sam about their 2010 Rally, its the weekend after our 2010 rally in Nashville, and theirs is in Louisville, KY, only about 175 miles from Nashville. It might be nice to have a big Heartland showing at their rally also.

Dennis

TanDumb
08-02-2009, 09:24 PM
If we decide to go to the rally in Nashville, maybe we can convoy with some other local folks!:)

boatto5er
08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
10-4! By golly, I think we've got ourselves a convoy :D. Seriously, that would be a great idea. Safety (and fun) in numbers. I'm sure there's a good location in SW Virginia we could all meet up at. Deb and I will probably plan on staying somewhere overnight the night before getting into Nashville.

mjatwalker
08-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Can we join the convoy.Thats a great idea.

Mike

boatto5er
08-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Can we join the convoy.Thats a great idea.

Mike

Now you've got my brain cells churning:rolleyes:! How about a "mini" chapter one night rally, and then convoy into Nashville together? I'll start a thread on the Chapter forum later!:)

TanDumb
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
10-4! By golly, I think we've got ourselves a convoy :D. Seriously, that would be a great idea. Safety (and fun) in numbers. I'm sure there's a good location in SW Virginia we could all meet up at. Deb and I will probably plan on staying somewhere overnight the night before getting into Nashville.
There are lotsa good places around here to meet! Including our farm, unless it rains, gets kinda messy around here!! We are right on the way to Emporia. I guess it would all depend on which way we head there!

timdebs
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
We are in for Nashville. We would be coming from Eastern NC but would like to join convoy also, maybe could meet at Camping World in Greensboro.

TanDumb
08-03-2009, 01:57 PM
We are in for Nashville. We would be coming from Eastern NC but would like to join convoy also, maybe could meet at Camping World in Greensboro.
Camping World!!! I would love to go there. :D

boatto5er
08-03-2009, 02:30 PM
There are lotsa good places around here to meet! Including our farm, unless it rains, gets kinda messy around here!! We are right on the way to Emporia. I guess it would all depend on which way we head there!

With some of us coming from Northern VA and MD, it would be much better to look for some place in the SW corner of the state. Would work out better for travel distances also (5+ hours for me to get to Bristol, 4+ hours the next day to get to Nashville).

timdebs
08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
That would be great, got 11 months to work out details.

cemill
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Doesn't make Jackie and I much difference. The distance to each is not much different. I had the whole state of Kansas as part of my territory before I retired.
The people there are kind of laid back and just a pleasure to do business with.
The fairground might have a better layout to take a hundred or so campers.
Just my thoughts.

brunsje
08-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Elaine and I would love to go to either place! I retire in June 2010, so this would be a great way to start my retirement! We have the dates on the calendar!

2010augusta
08-17-2009, 06:02 AM
The mother-in-law only lives 45 minutes from Nashville, so we might be able to get time off, and hit the rally and see the family all in one trip. It might be a long haul depending on where we are working by then. I don't know if we can even plan 11 months ahead, it only took about 3 months to go from no RV and a nice house to a no house and a great RV. :D and that was only 10 months ago. it funny how much life can change in a year.

Larryheadhunter
09-20-2009, 03:16 AM
It will be a goal of ours to attend the 2010 Nashville rally. Coming from southern california in the heat of the summer will be a stretch, but maybe it can be a part of a larger trip. DennisZ's idea of going to Louisville for the Good Sam Rally the week following sounds very appetizing as well. Now that we have travelled alone for several days this past summer and gained alot of confidence, Debbi and I just may comfortable enough to take on this adventure.
I would be curious about campgrounds to stay on the way, so if anyone has good ideas let us know. Whether we actually go or not is a nice dream that hopefully will come true.

rick_debbie_gallant
09-20-2009, 07:13 AM
HMMMM! Really got to think that one over. That is the weekend of the Port Huron to Mackinac Race (297 miles of on the water fun). This would make race number 9 if I race, the first one I have missed with the same boat and crew if I dont race and go to Opryland. RATS, got to really think about that one.:(:confused: Will have to talk to DWD and see what she would like to do.

cableman
09-20-2009, 07:36 AM
We just returned from Virginia beach and really liked the people. We are consideringgoing to the rally from western pa and thought staying in virginia and hooking up with your convoy.

mcmartin
09-20-2009, 09:23 AM
nashville is a great ideal, all I want is the dates and times, we will be there.

gorlesky
09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
We vote for Nashville.

Joe & Helen Gorlesky

Larryheadhunter
09-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Right now I got Debbi talked into going to this Heartland National rally, only hoping my back will hold up.
Went on Microsoft Streets and Trips and we plan on 9 stops along the way to Nashville, TN from San Clemente, CA. Plan to stop in, on or near Flagstaff, AZ, Gallup, NM, Alburquerque, NM, Amarillo, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, Little Rock, Arkansas, and over to Nashville, TN for the rally. Then over to Louiville, KY for the Good Sam Rally and then who knows where? Knowing the wife we will end up in Southern OR and down to Napa Wine country on the way home. Anyone who knows of great campgrounds along our path from socal to Nashville, let us know! We are all ears and have no problems veering off the path on our way.

jmgratz
09-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Right now I got Debbi talked into going to this Heartland National rally, only hoping my back will hold up.
Went on Microsoft Streets and Trips and we plan on 9 stops along the way to Nashville, TN from San Clemente, CA. Plan to stop in, on or near Flagstaff, AZ, Gallup, NM, Alburquerque, NM, Amarillo, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, Little Rock, Arkansas, and over to Nashville, TN for the rally. Then over to Louiville, KY for the Good Sam Rally and then who knows where? Knowing the wife we will end up in Southern OR and down to Napa Wine country on the way home. Anyone who knows of great campgrounds along our path from socal to Nashville, let us know! We are all ears and have no problems veering off the path on our way.

I would recommend Oasis RV Resort on the west side of Amarillo, TX right on IH40. The are great folks and all concrete sites and have a Pilot station right next to the RV park. The prices are great too. their site http://www.myrvoasis.com/

jbamyotte
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I vote for Tenn.

jbeletti
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi gang,

I see some recent activity in this thread. Just wanted to let everyone know that the 2010 rally will be in Nashville.

Thanks,

Jim

jmgratz
09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey Jim, maybe you need to close this thread since the decision has been made.....

jbeletti
09-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds good Jim.

Jim

lcdrdean
11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Hope to make this our first. Prefer TN.

jimtoo
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
2010 International Heartland Owners Rally

The decision has been made,, Nashville, Tenn.

Jim M