2950RK Question

itsbeertime

Hey all, looking at the BC models 2950RK and 3250TS (don't want to buy another new truck right now). I saw the thread on the 3250 about access with the slides in...what about access to the kitchen and fridge with the slides in on the 2950. Not a chance, huh? Looks like if you climbed over the peninsula you could maybe open it enough to get your arm in it maybe??? Thanks!!

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
itsbeertime,
You are right, that is the only thing I dislike about the BC 2950RK floorplan, you have to open the slide to access the fridge.

We have had that floorplan in a Sprinter for 5 years and you cannot get to the fridge with the slides in. We unexpedcitly found oursleves in the market for a new fifth wheel due to a fire in the Sprinter and purchased a BC 2950RK. Having the "campsite" view and the extra light from large windows on both sides of the coach is worth the inconvience of not getting to the fridge. After you get used to it, it is really not a big deal.

B

bwwalczak

We developed a different type layout for the rear kitchen in our ElkRidge 29RKSA. Very similar to the Big Country, however, we put the refer at an angle SPECIFICALLY to provide access with the slides in.

Check out both layouts on our website: www.heartlandrvs.com

Also, the demonstration videos for both brands, Big Country and ElkRidge have been uploaded and are ready for viewing.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions:

bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

Gator

Not being able to get in the refrigerator might be a little bit of a bother, but the layout really give you a workable kitchen with plenty of counter space. We were in the N Georgia and Tenn mountains for a couple of weeks the end of Oct. Fed 11 of my wife's family that live in the area. Hard rain - had to eat inside - couldn't have been easier.