Front jacks won't raise

dbarnard

Has anyone had the front jacks motor go bad? Mine lets out a little groan and quits when trying to raise. I did see sparks fly out of the front of the motor. It will lower tho. Cranking it up by hand really sucks. Is it easily replaced?

Mariposa

jack motor

had the shaft break between the legs, and was not too bad to work on. The motor look like it could be replaced without too much trouble. I worry about mine. I had 5th wheel hook up to the truck, takes all the weight off the legs. You got to like working upside down.
Bob

jimtoo

Check the bolts in the cross bar between the legs. Some have been known to break or come loose and bind against the motor.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Its easy to take out. Have someone work the switch and watch the motor to see if it moves back and forth, It maybe the gear box. It will break if the jacks were run all the way up to the stops sometimes. JON :confused::confused::confused:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
As mentioned above.. Check the bolt and nut that goes thru the square bar in the front basement. Sometimes the nut starts to rotate off and gets caught on the motor casing. You will see it in one of the following photos.

I would call Lippert and get a new motor and gearbox. My gearbox was broken so I needed it. If you can raise the jacks manually the gearbox is most likely ok.. It should be hard because of the motor. The motor and gearbox are not expensive. You might call Dave Brice @ Lippert (866) 524-7821 X-6068 davebi@lci1.com. You will also need your trailer make and model, Date of purchase(DOP) and date of delivery (DOD).

You can remove the Motor and Gearbox by taking out two bolts which are diagonal. There are two other bolts that hold the gearbox on the motor. By the way, the motor has a smaller gearbox built onto it. The bigger square gearbox is what the crank connects to to raise and lower the landing jacks. The motor has wires connected by compression connectors. When you install the new motor there should be plenty of wire to make the new connection. You can use large wire nuts and tape them to keep them tight or use new compression connectors.

I talked to someone else that has replaced their motor and got a bigger motor. The one they sent me was smaller in diameter than the new replacement.

Below are a few pictures that may help you.

Attachments

• DSC_2184M.jpg
    DSC_2184M.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_1934M.jpg
    DSC_1934M.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_1935M.jpg
    DSC_1935M.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Shipping of Motor and Gearbox.jpg
    Shipping of Motor and Gearbox.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 58

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Dale,
Those bolts they are talking about are the same ones Mark helped you check last spring in Redding. I hope its just that easy to fix for you.
Kristy

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Our motor was blowing fuses and growning. Lippert has an issue with the gearing of the motors they were supplying. Call Heartland and they will hook you up with a new one if need. Again Heartland came through!