Television Reception

2 Cats

Hows your Reception? Mine is terrible,Yes it's on "air antenna" TV not CABLE, I'm only 50 some miles outside Detroit and I can only pull in one station. How do you get the TV out of the cabinet it's in above the door so I can make sure it's hooked up right? oh & yes the booster is on with out that I can't get anything.In my old rig I could at least pull in ABC,NBC & most importantly FOX "NASCAR" Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Rob

Last edited:
T

tgboyd

Rob,

Mine works great. Must be something in your cable connection. I am about 40 miles NW from the signal in the Houston area. I have the main TV on Direct TV satellite reception but the TV in the bedroom is operating on the Antenna you crank up and turn until you get a good signal. It works great. Good luck.

Tom

2 Cats

Tom,
I don't have the one in the bedroom hooked up yet. Do you know if the booster runs to all the outlets or just the one in the bedroom?
Thanks,
Rob

jbeletti

Tom,

I think the booster is in the antenna assembly and the power supply is in the switcher. Since you have the antenna up and pointed in the right direction, and have the power switch on at the switcher and switched to antenna, my guess is a bad F-connector.

I'd start unhooking the F-connectors starting at the TV set, then the switcher (if you can get to the back side), then any splitters in the line and then at the antenna itself.

Look inside the fitting and look for grounding braid wrapped around the center conductor. Also make sure the the center conductor length is at least to flush to the top of the connector.

Best of luck.

Jim

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Tom,

I had a bad circuit board in the antenna head last year and had to have the dealer replace it. If you are near the dealer, (Or a friend with the same style antenna) its easy to do a quick check by repalcing the head with another one. It only takes about 2 minutes.
Phil

bob hyder

Rob,

I have the same problem with the reception in my cyclone, none. I pulled the boosted receptical from the wall in the bedroom, the antenna should go there first, and then out to all the other antenna's. It has a place for one cable going in and three cables going out. They forgot to hook it up at all. Can't even find the cables in the wall. Needs to go back to the dealer for that. I'd check there first.

Bob

2 Cats

First,Thanks to all that replyed. Took the boster out and changed the leads between TV2 & ANT all is good. :D I'm now Pulling in stations I can't get in my house.
Rob