New purchasers with questions...

Bob&Ellen

We're thinking seriously about the new 22' North Country trailer soon to be out. We've seen the 26' bunk house model and liked it but the bathroom in the smaller unit is supposed to be larger and we don't need the bunks. It did occur to us to take out the bunks and use that corner for hobbies/storage. Our tow vehicle is a 2002 Toyota Sequoia and our dog is a Husky. We are VERY tired of the cold and ice and want to head South! Any suggestions or comments?

jimtoo

Buy your North Country and move to TEXAS. Warm weather, friendly people.
Oh,,,Welcome to the Heartland Forum and hopefully the Heartland Family.
Jim M

Retired CPO

My Wife & I purchased an 08' BigHorn and are thinking along the lines of buying into one of those sites in the southwest in a RV park somewhere. We have heard of some in & around Las Vegas for about 8K but that there is also a waiting line for them.
Our question is where to go to find a list of these parks that sell pads & how do they rate them.

Gary & Karen Meekins
08'BigHorn 08' F350 SD/4X4
Chambersburg,PA. Ret USN/CPO

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are looking at the Vegas area there is a Western Horizon membership campground in Parump, Nv which is just over the mountain from Vegas. It is a very nice campground and to join Western Horizon you can either go to the park or go online to their website for more information. Their site is http://www.whresorts.com/

Christytra

Back to the first part of your question....We have the North Trail 31 BHD. We didn't need or want bunks either. We were going to remove the top bunk completely leaving the sofa below. After looking at the size of the bunk shelf, we just removed the mattress and left the wood. It is the perfect size to store our two boxes of scuba gear and a few other items. Can't help you on the moving south part. We have snow today here in central GA. We have a few below freezing nights ahead but then I don't think we'll get any more below freezing until next fall/winter.