A great man has left our midst...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
News Flash today...
Paul Harvey, a familiar radio voice for six decades who used long pauses to punctuate his delivery of news and observations, died today in Phoenix. He was 90.

I heard that on the news and it was hard to believe. I did not know he was 90. I knew his son Paul Harvey Jr. had been doing his shows but this is a very big loss.

For years I have listened to his commentary. He always kept you on the edge of your seat to find out who he was talking about. I hope his son keeps his legacy going.

Today our Lord will be listening to his storys.. God Bless you Paul Harvey we will miss you..

ct0218

Same here, listened to him for many years. I actually met him 13 years ago in the Atlanta Airport. He was a couple feet behind me checking in and I heard that distinctive voice. We had a few minutes before we boarded and we talked briefly. Truly an interesting man, and he will be missed.

Clint

A lot of younger people will certainly not know who this was, and it is truly a loss for them to not have experienced this man's unique way of reporting the news and his signature sign off ..... "Good Day"

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Truly he will be missed. The art of actual conversation is being lost on our young ones as they are more interested in texting and emailing. They lose the voice inflections, tone of voice and facial expressions when all of their communications are done with texting. I actually watched kids text each other when they are sitting beside one another. Weird....

truknutt

Committed Member
I used to make my troops stop talking when he came on the shop's radio. I'll admit the first couple of times it was out of pure selfishness; I wanted to hear the man! It was an enjoyable way to remember and to learn new twists on events in our history.

Very gratifying to hear the younguns start discussing what they had just heard, even for a few minutes. Anywho...

"... now you know ..... the rest of the story. Good Day."

Thank You Mr. Harvey

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Yes, very sad day indeed. Paul Harvey delivered the news you could believe was news and the real deal, not just regurgitate some words.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I used to make my troops stop talking when he came on the shop's radio. I'll admit the first couple of times it was out of pure selfishness; I wanted to hear the man! It was an enjoyable way to remember and to learn new twists on events in our history.

Very gratifying to hear the younguns start discussing what they had just heard, even for a few minutes. Anywho...

"... now you know ..... the rest of the story. Good Day."

Thank You Mr. Harvey

In Vietnam, the war stopped for about 6 minutes everyday.