Exterior Fold Down Grab Handle

Racerguy

I have a 05 Monticello. The plastic pull down (it releases the handle so you can fold it back up) broke. Does anyone know who manufactured the handle. I am needing to replace and cannot find that style of handle.

jbeletti

Greg,

I don't know the manufacturer but I am told it is no longer made - which is why we moved away from it.

Jim

jbeletti

Greg,

I have an update but the news is no better. Below, is what Purchasing was able to find out:

This is the part number – X053W9610300W / RV ASSIST HANDLE - WHITE (LM). It came from JSI/Hickory Springs Mfg. They discontinued manufacturing this item about 3 years ago when the “new” style handle everyone is using came out for half the price. I called them to see if maybe they had some parts left – they referred me to the plant they were actually built but there just isn’t anything left. The only suggestion she gave me was that maybe Kwikee makes a similar handle – probably won’t be able to replace just the broken piece, but maybe the entire handle. Sorry Jim – wish I had a better answer for you.

Racerguy

Thanks ALL for the hard work and effort. I think I will ponder fabricating a metal part for it. If I do, I will take pics and post here, hey who knows, I may become the next Forrest of the west!