Pre-wired for solar?

timk

Bill,
There are so many variables with a solar install, I wouldnt think it would be a good factory option. Wire size, volt drop for wire length, how many panels are you going to use, what type of controler. The list goes on. Its not that hard to get wires in later, so you or your installer can do it right the first time.

When I did my install I went out and bought a hundered bucks of #10 special handy dandy solar wire, only to find out its too small for the panels I wanted to install.

TimK

ChopperBill

I asked for the same thing. The dealer said we can pre-wire for solar when it gets here. I figured I might as well wait until I want to put the solar in if that was the case. be easier to run wires while it was being built.

bld911b

Pre-wiring for solar

I also have been doing some research on solar pre-wiring at the factory. Found Arctic Fox offers it as standard equipment, as do some other manufacturers. Then there some that pre-wire as an option such as Hitchhiker, Excel, and some in the Elkhart area, but the majority of the high volume Rv"s manufacturers don't.