Slide floor height

gsbainter

Hello,

When my slide is in, on the inside of the rig, there is a 1-1 1/2" gap in the leading edge of the slide (higher) than the rest of the flooring in the rig. For example, you have to step up on the slide if you want to sit in the dinette. If you stand on it, it seems to give a little. So it makes me nervous about standing on it when it is in. On my previous tt, when the slide was in, it was pretty much flush with the rest of the floor and you felt no give when you stood on it. I hope this makes sense. So, is this normal for Sundance (and/or Heartland 5th wheels in general)? Or do you think my slide needs to be adjusted? From the outside, it looks flush to the sidewall so from the outside it doesn't look like it needs to be adjusted. If this is normal, is it ok to stand on it or sit in the dinette, etc.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I can't guarantee it's normal, but mine does the same thing when it's in. I believe that's part of the mechanics of creating the flush floor when it's out and then lifting it up to slide in.

Gus

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Mine also. This is our 3rd 5th wheel and all three did the same no matter the make.

Duramax1

Our main slide was level with the floor when we first got the trailer but now it functions the same as yours.

I have also wondered whether that is normal.

Netem

I may be missing something but when the slide comes in it has to raise to go over the fixed floor in the RV. My MK 2900 is raised up and you can feel it flex alittle when you stand on it but we use the table with the slide partly out to eat when we stop while traveling. I don't think you have a problem as my other brand 5ver was the same.

gsbainter

Thanks everyone for your responses. It sounds like this is normal. My previous rig was a tt and it was flush when it was in. So maybe this is unique to fivers.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The floor has to go up and down a little incline in order for the floor to be flat when the slide is extended. That is a normal condition if the slide is adjusted correctly.