How can I tell if my bedroom is prewired for a second AC

jgoddardg

If I supply the VIN on my BigHorn 3670, can the factory tell me if my unit was pre-wired for a bedroom A/C? It is a 2009 model. Thanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Several questions. Did you special order your Bighorn? If you did and it wasn't an option you ordered it not likely that it's wired. If you bought it off the lot, your dealer should know from the factory invoice as it lists all options. Do you have a bedroom fantastic fan? It's easy enough to check by removing the trim around the square opening and looking for the wires. You will see a set of wires, black-white and ground and they may be taped to a roof joist near the opening.

jbeletti

Customer Service "should" be able to verify based on the VIN but as Ray states, checking yourself is the only way to be certain. Customer Service is 877-262-8032.

Thanks,

Jim

lhetsler

Wiring for Bedroom air conditioner

Just remove the four screws to the frame around the ceiling cut out and you will see the wiring very clearly if it is there. Also your electrical box will probably have an extra breaker.
This is what I found in my 3670 2008, even though the options list did not show it.

Last edited: