water pump

desandy

I can't get the water pump to operate on my 31RED. I checked the fuses and turned on the switch but still a no go. Can someone tell me where the pump is located and if I am doing something wrong? thanks for the support!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
desandy, I'm not familiar with the North Trail but normally the water pump will be located in a base cabinet or similar storage cabinet just inside the coach near where the fresh water connection comes in. Hopefully it's just a loose wire.

M

Mcreech

The water pump should be under the kitchen base, between the sink and range..

aquiring signal

We have a 2008 Bighorn 3670RL and recently had the water pump replaced. I also hoped it was a fuse or a loose wire, I mean, a pump should last at least two years, right? Well, no. The pump was bad & we've had to have it replaced.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
desandy, Since Heartland has responded, I've moved this thread out of the "Ask the Factory" section into "Plumbing". I'll also add that within a few months of picking up our trailer from the dealer, our pump failed. It ran but the diaphram was allowing water to flow back into the fresh water tank. Not the same problem as yours. I mention this because I dealt directly with Shur-flo and they sent me a replacement pump after I gave them a brief explanation of the problem. We were on the road heading South at the time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our water pump failed also because of a water line that got pinched when a repair was made. That starved the pump causing it to fail.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
We had very low pressure from the pump. Looked and found a kinked water line going to the pump, cut off about 4" of hose and fixed the problem.