Visit the Wolves

LOUP

i am loup
At some point during our week in Goshen I plan on making the trek to West Lafayette / Battle Ground, IN to visit Wolf Park (wolfpark.org).

If anyone is interested in going - either ride with me or convoy down please let me know. I can probably arrange for a private tour of the park and possibly meeting one of the ambassador wolves. But will have to have advance notice and head count.

jimtoo

Hi Lehnanne,

That looks like it might be a very interesting place. This is a good link to the web site.

http://www.wolfpark.org/

It looks like it would be an all day thing, about 120 mile trip one way. Might be fun if a day before or even after the rally.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm pretty sure we would like to join in on that trip. As of now we have no definite plan for an arrival or departure date but we are pretty flexible either before or after. We'll monitor the thread to see what develops and plan accordingly.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Seems to me there is the Tippecanoe Park near there too. If you remember your history it was an indian battle and remember the saying "Tippecanoe and Tyler too" when Tyler was running for President. It is a neat park with a museum there too.

LOUP

i am loup
Yes it would be an all day thing.

I am not sure where Tippecanoe Park is in relation to Wolf Park - but the park is pretty big. Lots of walking. It takes a couple of hours AT LEAST to see it all. Then there is a gift shop. *grins*

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The Tippecanoe Battle State Memorial is just off of Hwy 25 east of Lafayette. Look at an Indiana map and it is marked on there. I remember passing the wolf park when we went to the Tippecanoe Memorial.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Loup,
I was checking out how far Indian Beach was from the Fairgrounds (about 2+ hours) and realized that the WolfPark is only about a 20-30 minute drive south from the amusement park. We may just have to do that. I saw that you recommended that the wolf park could be an all day event but I would consider about 1/4-1/3 day then head on over to Indiana Beach to finish the day. Have considered doing this on Sunday right after the rally ends. Not much going on during the day Sunday anyways.

Mark

LOUP

i am loup
Hey all .. I didn't get a lot of feedback on this hear and set up plans for a private tour / visit with a friend who works there. But if anyone is interested in going while they are here or after and you need information ... just look me up. I think we are here until Monday. The Amusement park idea sounds fun too.