SG-XF3000 generator

furcuz

I found this XG-SF3000 generator on ebay. Has anyone experience with these generators? The price and what they claim seem to good to be true.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I found this XG-SF3000 generator on ebay. Has anyone experience with these generators? The price and what they claim seem to good to be true.
Thanks in advance for your responses.
furcuz, how about providing a link. Is there only one genny available?

wyleyrabbit

Seems too good to be true. Can it really be as quiet and more powerful than a Honda, for so cheap? If it is, sign me up.

Uncle Rog

The specs are about the same as my Yamaha with only 40% of the weight, how can they do that, the Honda weighs about the same as the Yamaha..............

wyleyrabbit

My guess...a ton of plastic. I would think that the Honda and Yamaha probably have a fair amount of metal. This is only a guess though.

wyleyrabbit

furcuz,

He originally shared his thoughts, however the moderator decided that they were potentially inflammatory so they were removed.

Chris

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
furcuz,

He originally shared his thoughts, however the moderator decided that they were potentially inflammatory so they were removed.

Chris

Yes, chagrined am I. :rolleyes: A misplaced wild patriotic hair went where it shouldn't have. It's been plucked :eek:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Yes, chagrined am I. :rolleyes: A misplaced wild patriotic hair went where it shouldn't have. It's been plucked :eek:

No guts, No glory.

How bout a cleanedup version of your "expletive deleted" comment. Just put a blank line ______________ whereever you wanted to cuss.

I can fill in the blanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As we do almost no boondocking, I've been considering one of those $299 Gennys rated at 3500 watts. I see them either at Home D on sale or all over ebay or at Harbor freight. They're not all that heavy and are capable of running the air as well. Mostly in case of power outages. I would leave it covered in the back of the truck. I've done a few searches on the genny that started this thread and haven't found anyone who bought one. The general discussion about it was most everybody was looking for someone to be a genny pig. Buy it, try it and let us know.

MurrayN.

What size of generator do you need to run one air conditioner? Will a 3000 watt do it or do you need bigger?

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Murry N. a 3K watt will run a single A/C. I have 3K Kipor I bought at the RV dealer. I like it weighs less that a 100#, key start and comes with wheels. I tried it with the A/C on and turned on the micro-wave. It ran both. Its a honda knock off and runs very quiet. Cost was 1K. My 2cts Bob:D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
And how long is this high quality generator supposed to work? What's the MTBF on it?

Do you really want to find out....