West Coast, incl OR,WA,ID, Canada Summer Trip

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi everyone,
We are taking a 40-50 day trip from socal to OR in early June to Canyonville, Winchester Bay, Rockaway Beach, go thru Portland, take the scenic 84 Columbia Gorge east to Boardman, up the 395 to Couer d'Alene, ID, Glacier National Park in MT,then up thru Banff Canada, where we will be close to Calgargy, take the canadian main hwy 1, down towards the east side of the Puget Sound in Bothell,WA,, around the Puget Sound back down to Port Angeles area towards WA towards Westport, WA then OR coast hitting Fort Stevens, Newport, OR, Gold Beach down 101 near Ferndale and the Giant Redwoods, Calistoga for wine tasting, Pismo Beach and back home to San Clemente. Any interesting campgrounds or sights to see would be appreciated. I noticed that we are only spending 4 nights in Glacier Mtn, 4 nights in Winchester Bay, 5 nights in Calistoga, and one 3 day stay in Bothell at Lake Pleasant RV Park, 3 days at Sequiem,OR, and the rest are 2 day stops. Too much, or does anyone know places to see, things to do, or campgrounds they recommend, and chiropractors to keep me walking. After Winchester Bay, we are on our own. I am probably going to put new Goodyear G614's on my rig, incl a spare, and hope we survive. I got a great set of tools now, although I don't know they work,LOL. My DW is freaking out to be gone 43 days, how does one keep up on the bills, and all ideas are welcome for previous questions. Thanks in advance.
i everyone,

2010augusta

If you are in Cour'de lane in the middle of June and like car shows you have to go to Cars de' lane. It is a one of a kind of experience. if interested look it up for the exact dates this year. Mt Rainer is awesome and we saw lots of wild life last year. Crater lake is great too and is a does not require a lot of time. We did a 13 day tent camping trip through Utah and the Northwest last year so we were a little rushed, but we got to see 12 National Parks and 10 states. Want to get back and do it later in the summer and take lots more time.

To awnser the second part of your question. USPS will temporary foward mail for $1.00, so if you have a responsable kid (or parents in our case) forward mail to them with some signed checkes and forget about it.

geeksrus

Hi everyone,
We are taking a 40-50 day trip from socal to OR in early June to Canyonville, Winchester Bay, Rockaway Beach, go thru Portland, take the scenic 84 Columbia Gorge east to Boardman, up the 395 to Couer d'Alene, ID, Glacier National Park in MT,then up thru Banff Canada, where we will be close to Calgargy, take the canadian main hwy 1, down towards the east side of the Puget Sound in Bothell,WA,, around the Puget Sound back down to Port Angeles area towards WA towards Westport, WA then OR coast hitting Fort Stevens, Newport, OR, Gold Beach down 101 near Ferndale and the Giant Redwoods, Calistoga for wine tasting, Pismo Beach and back home to San Clemente. Any interesting campgrounds or sights to see would be appreciated. I noticed that we are only spending 4 nights in Glacier Mtn, 4 nights in Winchester Bay, 5 nights in Calistoga, and one 3 day stay in Bothell at Lake Pleasant RV Park, 3 days at Sequiem,OR, and the rest are 2 day stops. Too much, or does anyone know places to see, things to do, or campgrounds they recommend, and chiropractors to keep me walking. After Winchester Bay, we are on our own. I am probably going to put new Goodyear G614's on my rig, incl a spare, and hope we survive. I got a great set of tools now, although I don't know they work,LOL. My DW is freaking out to be gone 43 days, how does one keep up on the bills, and all ideas are welcome for previous questions. Thanks in advance.
i everyone,

A couple of RV Park suggestions:

Coeur d'Alene area: http://www.visitidaho.org/placestostay/view-lodging.aspx?id=43605

Calgary area: http://www.bowriversedge.com/ to visit Calgary, drive to the northwest LRT line & use this system to get you around

Also, outside of Calgary is Kananaskis Country which has a great RV Park at Mount Kidd. IMHO, Kananaskis is much nicer than Banff which has become very commercial.

Also. about 90 minutes NW of Calgary is my home park: http://www.coyotecreekresort.ca/ Come up to play golf & get together with us.

Eh!

jbeletti

Have your daughter FedEx a package to you every 2 weeks. Take checks, envelopes and stamps with you. Automate as many bills as possible with debit to your checking account and/or to a credit card. We pay many, many bills automatically to the credit card. Nice way to rack up the American Airline miles for us :)

Have fun,

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
JimBo, we are on the same page and same citibank mastercard american airlines credit card. That mile per dollar is paying for our airline tickets to cancun this may.
That's the only payment we have that's not on auto pay. The problem is we pay my father-in-law's bills, who live in Las Vegas, and those are paid by check. We will look into this great idea of every 2 weeks as I am reserving campgrounds already and should know where we will be. It's so nice of forum members to give us advice on campgrounds as we are already adjusting for nicer places and its well appreciated. My hope is that nothing goes wrong to screw up our schedule.