Door lockset Mfg?

ct0218

I need to get a couple of extra door keys made for my Mt. Rushmore. Has anyone had any made, and what key blank was used?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would think that just about any good well-stocked key making store should be able to make a door key for you. I'm not sure, but I believe that RV door locks do not have a different blank than a regular stick house door lock.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
I would check with your rv sales person and he should be able make one or advise you as to were to go. It is true not all key smiths can make keys for rvs, they are a different blank from most keys. Evans & Lana

BigBlue

BigBlue
Also don't forget that the door lock and the dead bolt lock are different. The door lock is common to many RVs. You'd be surprised how many trailers can be opened by your door key. The deadbolt lock however is a little more specific.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The different locks for the deadbolt and the door lock must be a Landmark specialty. My Mobile Scout has only one key that fits either door lock, a friend's Prowler has only one key, another friend's Hitchhiker has only one key. This could be a good thing; if you leave your trailer at the dealer for work, you could lock the door lockset and the dealer could still enter to do the work.

ct0218

My lockset must be different. It has "FIC" imprinted on it, and 1 key operates both door locks. My dealer didn't have a clue about the key blank.

BluegrassMan

Hey Guy's:
Right after I got my GC, I broke a 315 key that goes to the cargo bay doors. My keys have a black plastic end at the back. I never had any of those with my last trailers. I ordered keys right from Heartland through my dealer. The door set came as blanks but the accessory door keys were cut and had #'s already on them. Hope this helps a little!

phranc

On a previous RV we had door and dead bolt keys made locally. Fact is , if I remember correctly it was at Home Depot..Yes there were separate keys for the locks

ct0218

I checked H Depot and Lowes today and they had nothing even close to matching this key. I have about a dozen 315 compartment keys.

BigBlue

BigBlue
It must depend on the manufacturer. We had a Montana before the Landmark and it also had two keys for the door. One for the door and one for the deadbolt. Our dealer took pains when we brought it in for any service to make sure we didn't lock the deadbolt because they didn't have a key to open it. They had keys to open the regular door lock and the storage bays.

ct0218

After visiting three locksmiths I finally found the right key. He said he had just gotten them in last month. Aparently some other RV companies are using that lockset also because he said he had recently made several keys on that blank. The lockset I have is by FIC, and the key that operates both the regular and deadbolt lock is ILCO stock #FIC1, also known as their new stock #1617

co4me

Hi Clark,

We were in Indiana last fall and visited the manufacturer of the door locks as I needed a couple of keys. Landmark uses the following:

Fastec Industrial Corp
23348 C.R. 6
Elkhart, IN 46515
1-800-837-2505

If you call ask for Felicity (Flip) Miller, Customer Service Rep, or Ed Halvorson, Product Manager. They were both very helpful and I'll bet if you have the code number off your lock they can send you a couple of keys.

Bill