So, Does anyone do what they say anymore???

bezok

I have a 2009 bighorn with frame problems. I called to let heartland know and sent pic's. They put me in contact with lippert. I was on an extended trip so they wanted me to wait to get it fixed upon my return. I come home early from my trip because my dad had a stroke and three days later Ike blew down 15 huge trees with 1 though the roof. So, dealing with all that, it was a couple of months before I got the BH to the dealer but still had over a month left on 1 year warranty so no problem. Lippert wanted repair shop to call them when a got it there so I left the the contact # for lippert with camping world and they said they would call and get things rolling. I call the camping world every week afterwards to find out they have not contacted lippert or done much of anything else. They end up telling me heartland wants the camper shipped back to the factory for repairs (this is after 1 month) and that will put about 3000 extra miles of wear on my BH. The only reason that happened was I called lippert again and they contacted Heartland. So now 7 weeks into this and heartland says they will pick it up Mon - Tues, which has not happened(now the story is will happen Friday-Sat). Keep in mind this a short version of the story because my typing sux. Back to my original question.
Does anyone every do what they say anymore?????? The insurance check (from the house) took 7 weeks of fighting to even get close to the $ for repairs. I am almost 2 months without my camper with no results. Everyone wants your money and gives you promises, but never wants to deliver those promises without delays, without you having to be the sqeaky wheel, without having to push everyone to do everything. In effect, no one cares anymore, not about their "word" their "responibilities" or their "customers".
But one thing is for sure --THEY STILL WANT YOUR MONEY

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
You have a dealer problem not doing what they were supposed to do to get the ball rolling for the repair. Sounds like Lippert and Heartland are trying to step up to the plate.

Now as for Heartland picking up the unit.... They are at the mercy of the transport company they have contracted to pick it up.

Now with very few exceptions the majority of RV transporters are independant contractors leased to the transport companies and we are NOT under forced dispatch so a few things come into play to get your unit picked up.

While Heartland does have a few trucks used to showcase their product, I don't beleive they use them for delivering to dealerships.

1). A driver needs to be in your area or within a reasonable distance before they will chase down a load.

2). Freight is hard to get right now and rates are very low right now and reload opportunities, especially going back to Indiana often have such low rates it ain't worth pulling, much less chasing down, because you actually lose more money doing it that just driving back empty.... but there is always one sucker that doesn't have a clue as to what his actual operating costs are that'll do it seems to be the attitude and they are right.

Me, if I'm looking for loads and everything I see has rates so low it doesn't improve my bottom line from a one way trip or it actually costs me money, they'll sit there and rot before I pick them up and put wear and tear on my equipment for nothing. I'll just ride back empty or head to the house and park it.

Sorry, but welcome to my world. It'll get picked up.

Uncle Rog

Contact HL directly and they will get you in touch with Lippert. I dealt with them directly on a suspension issue and they came to the local facility and fixed the problem quickly and properly. I think the Lippert warranty is 2 or 3 years, don't hold me to that................

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Contact HL directly and they will get you in touch with Lippert. I dealt with them directly on a suspension issue and they came to the local facility and fixed the problem quickly and properly. I think the Lippert warranty is 2 or 3 years, don't hold me to that................

I forgot about that. Lippert has facilities in 9 states, one of them is in Longview, TX about 240 miles from you. Could be an option if the trailer doesn't need dismantling to repair it.

bezok

That is what I was told originally. Lippert would come and repair it at the dealer. But for some unknown reason that changed.

jbeletti

Scott (bezok),

Email and PMs are bouncing from your forum email address. Please go into the UserCP and check your address.

Thanks,

Jim

jfrench

Scott & Renee
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I’m very sorry to hear about your problems, and to be honest with you I am a manager at the store you are speaking of. This is the first time I have heard about this issue and there is no good reason to ever have a customer upset. I’m thankful that someone here sent me an email about this so I can do my best to fix your problems. I am a big believer that a person is only as good as there word. Since this is the first I have come to known about this and not a manager in that department I’m not sure what all I can do but I will be looking into as soon as I send this off and will do something. I will also pm you my cell # so we can discus this more in detail.
<o:p> </o:p>
Again I’m very sorry for what has happen so far.
Joe French

RVCamper

Joe,

Way to step up.

And so too to Heartland. They will make it right, I understand your frustration of being without your unit. All the best.