Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
For anyone who thought Virginia was in the South None:

Attachments

• DSC00444sml.JPG
    DSC00444sml.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 61

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You folks always get some good late season snow falls. Another perfectly good reason to be in South Texas. Heck, in Wisconsin we always used to get snow as late as Easter. I remember not too long ago we had a 24 ft trailer on a seasonal spot in Poynette, WI. The family was there for Easter and my son & a buddy of his slept out in a tent and woke up to 6" of snow Easter Morning.:eek:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Picture must be of far, far NORTH Virginia...not one flake of snow here this year...nada, zilch.

Just some 10 degree temps...and I'm sitting right on the ocean.

itsbeertime

Haha. We got like an inch...maybe inch and a half. They closed the schools for TWO days.:rolleyes: You would think the world was ending. Although every idiot in the world got out and drove around in it...just for the heck of it.

ct0218

I had a little too--about 6 inches, and this makes 20 days of snow this year in the NC mountains.

Attachments

• heartland.jpg
    heartland.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 13
  • heartland.jpg 2.jpg
    heartland.jpg 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
  • heartland.jpg3.jpg
    heartland.jpg3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 13
  • heartland.jpg4.jpg
    heartland.jpg4.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 13
  • heartland.jpg5.jpg
    heartland.jpg5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 13

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
30 miles South of DC...None I think we were at the epicenter:D.

I was prepared...and then nothing happened. 80+ pounds of propane, bottled water, canned food...parkas, snowshoes, ski's, snowmobile, and a radio frequency to call for emergency pickup by the Coast Guard...

And, we got 5 minutes of rain...and I think...and I could be wrong -- 3 snow flakes...that never made it to the ground.

Oh well, hurrican season is coming.