Option Weights

M

mtnhntr

We are about to order a Bighorn 3055 which is at the top of our fifth wheel list. Could someone from the factory tell me how much weight is added to the base weight for the following options:
High Gloss Gel Coat; Slide Topper Awnings; Electric Rear Stabilizer Jacks; Dual Pane Windows; and Electric Fireplace.
In addition, is the weight listed on the form inside the kitchen cabinents the "as built" weight including the options or is it merely the weight shown in the sales literature?
Thanks, Ken

PS: Chopper Bill, if you read this, thanks for the info you provided me via PM's.

ChopperBill

I would be curious also as I have all of the above ordered with ours.
MtnHntr: You getting close to a decision yet?

M

mtnhntr

CopperBill: No, I am just trying to gather all the facts I can on the ones at the top of our list. I am not too concerned about the weight, but want to know what I am getting if I order a Bighorn or any other trailer for that matter. Hopefully someone from the factory will chime in on what those weights are.

tcbrady

Aprrox weight added to the standard weight of the unit for the following options:

High gloss gel coat - 215 lbs
Dual Pane Windows - 120 lbs
Electric rear jacks - 15 lbs
Slide topper awnings for triple slide -101 lbs
Fireplace - 10 lbs

The weight inside the cabinet door is the standard weight of the unit and does not include the options - hope this answers some of your questions.

thanks!

M

mtnhntr

Thanks Coley, I appreciate the response. I too thought they would be heavier.

tcbrady

I also thought they would be heavier but the weights came directly from the BIGHORN engineer.

L'l John

tcbrady said:
Aprrox weight added to the standard weight of the unit for the following options:

High gloss gel coat - 215 lbs
Dual Pane Windows - 120 lbs
Electric rear jacks - 15 lbs
Slide topper awnings for triple slide -101 lbs
Fireplace - 10 lbs

The weight inside the cabinet door is the standard weight of the unit and does not include the options - hope this answers some of your questions.

thanks!
I would like to see a full list of weights for all the options listed as available in the brochures.
I am about to place an order for the 3400 with some of the options included and it would be very helpful to know the individual weight of all the options I would like to include.
I don't want to over load my '06 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with the 6.6 Duramax w/single rear wheels.
Thanks,
L'l John