Weight question

tmcran

I've got some weights on TV and RV and I'm not sure where I'm at. Any feed back would be appreciated. TV weight alone as would travel 7,984 lbs,---weight of TV with RV hooked 10,042,----weight of RV hooked to TV 8,660.

RV has full propane(39 lbs),about 25 gal of water and about 2/3 of things loaded in RV. GVWR on the truck door is 9,200 lbs. I have Michelin 245/75/16E rated at 3,042. Not sure about pin weight and GVWR on TV. :confused:

itsbeertime

I'm not really sure what your question is, but it looks like you're a bit overweight. Here's what I found for your truck.

GVWR = 9200 lbs
RGAWR = 6084 lbs
GCWR = 16000 lbs

That's 842 lbs over the trucks GVWR. But your numbers on the truck seem high. 7984 lbs alone? That is one heavy 2500HD. How many cords of firewood do you have in it?;)

tmcran

It has a grill guard,tool box and a good bit of stuff inside. I also have 52 gallon fuel tank. (I did unload all the firewood and other related junk.):D I was suprised the RV didn't weight more. But I don't have it fully loaded. I could remove the grill guard but thats not going to help very much--- the rest I need. Oh, one thing. I had the truck weighed at a different place than when I weighed both of them. Not sure of the place I weighed just the truck.

SmokeyBare

Upgrade the tires to the next size will increase the weight those tires can carry... check the tire weight limits to be sure.

Installing Tembrin for suspension support or Air Bag's... will offer additional weight support.

Doing this won't change the numbers that the truck is listed as... but it will add a margin of safety to towing with a heavier weight.

Braking - Stopping... is a whole different subject though.

Marv

itsbeertime

Mine weighs 7100 with a full load of fuel (26 gal) and me (and a 300lb hitch). You have got a lot of stuff.:eek: More than my family of packrats. I never weighed mine alone with all of us, but my guesstimate would be around 7700 lbs with 4 of us. But I have nothing extra on it. Twice as much fuel will add another 190 lbs or so.

I agree with SmokeyBare on the tires and airbags/tembrins. That is in store for me in the very near future.

Rmcgrath53

I have the brother of your unit.My truck is a one ton and after weighing mine at the cat scales I found that I am maxed out on pin weight. Im not worried about it cause I have extra leaf on all 4 wheels. But I was surprised to find the pin weight was around 2500 lbs. That is fully loaded to the gills, and one honda generater in the front compartment,47lbs.My problem is it sets to high. I am thinking of replaceing the 4 in block over the axel ,with a 2 inch block. I found a place that will do it for 200 bucks.

tmcran

Yep, I was supprised about the weight of the truck. I even took out a large selections of chains and so forth. Have only pulled TT and cattle trailers before and never thought about being over loaded. Perhaps I was! I wonder how over weight some of the folks are pulling things with 2500HD that have much bigger RV's than myself.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are many overloaded RVers out there. Some you can just look at their truck squatting and see how overloaded they are. Just think, when that truck squats severely in the rear the front raises up and in some cases it is so light in the front you can hardly steer it. Scary.

tmcran

Mine weighs 7100 with a full load of fuel (26 gal) and me (and a 300lb hitch). You have got a lot of stuff.:eek: More than my family of packrats. I never weighed mine alone with all of us, but my guesstimate would be around 7700 lbs with 4 of us. But I have nothing extra on it. Twice as much fuel will add another 190 lbs or so.

I agree with SmokeyBare on the tires and airbags/tembrins. That is in store for me in the very near future.

I guess if I only carried a qt of oil and a screw driver I would be lighter.:) But I do have to carry things. I took off my grill guard and cut about 100 lbs off. So with current truck weigth with fuel(52 gal)(I love not having to stop every 250 miles or so) and wife and other stuff ready to go would be 7810. I don't think that sounds to bad for what I'm carrying. Some of the guys I know have the same truck as I do with 26gal oem tanks and with themselves and family belongings ,basic tools, coolers and etc hit 7725. they were both suprised how much weight they were really carrying.these are heavy trucks fo sure. I'm going to be looking a some larger tires.