Sewer discharge hose storage - North Trail

Zonian

Hi, i'm just a newbie working around the site to see if anyone has a solution to my "problem" I have a 2010 North Trail 28RLS Travel Trailer. We haven't used it yet....still loading it up!
Problem is, I don't have any storage area for the sewer hose...other than the too short tube mounted on the chassis. I'd hate to store this in the basement considering not only the smell but the water drip.
Sure would like to hear what others are doing. I'm sure this is a problem with most of the North Trail travel trailers.
I did post something in the blog area but that may not have been the correct site. For that matter, this may not be the correct site either!!

BobSue

I don't have a North Trail, but in my previous TT sob, I purchased good quality plastic bins with tight fitting lids. I stored my hoses in these. Of course, I tried to drain as much as possible before putting in the bin, but there was still liquid.
Use rubber gloves and tried to leave open to dry out whenever at home in storage.
Hope this helps.

SmokeyBare

I have seen some use a 5" X 5" PVC fence post. Attached below the RV... and using plastic post caps attached by a hinge and locked with a hasp to secure the sewer hose from sliding out. These are often secured to the RV by attaching galvanized strap material often called Plumbers strapping. But I'm sure one could make some type of Stainless Steel bracket to attach it to the frame of the RV as well.

Check with your Local Home building center... or a fence company for the PVC post material. The 5 X 5 allows enough space for most every type of sewer hose connection to slide inside the hollow PVC tube.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi, i'm just a newbie working around the site to see if anyone has a solution to my "problem" I have a 2010 North Trail 28RLS Travel Trailer. We haven't used it yet....still loading it up!
Problem is, I don't have any storage area for the sewer hose...other than the too short tube mounted on the chassis. I'd hate to store this in the basement considering not only the smell but the water drip.
Sure would like to hear what others are doing. I'm sure this is a problem with most of the North Trail travel trailers.
I did post something in the blog area but that may not have been the correct site. For that matter, this may not be the correct site either!!

Check out this link on the forum //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=320&highlight=sewer+hose+storage

Also you can do a search for sewer hose storage and find more....

Fire123

At Camping World, they have different lengths PVC tubing with caps already attached at each end. The price is reasonable. You can mount it across the tongue behind the battery.

RVCamper

Here is what I did:

2939394080103722371S425x425Q85.jpg

Hart

At Camping World, they have different lengths PVC tubing with caps already attached at each end. The price is reasonable. You can mount it across the tongue behind the battery.

A friend uses the tube and slides it into the exterior storage area. We use a plastic tote (rectangular) that we store on the sewer side. Easy to slide out at the dump station. There will be some remaining water even tho you try to shake out. As said, just dry out once you are home. I think I would rather have it tight fitting than drill holes to let condensation escape into the storage area.