Manual Override on Slide - Where is it? How is it done?

When I purchased my 2009 Heartland North Country 29RKS, I was told by the dealer that there was a manual override for the superslide. Can you tell me where it is? Is there a special tool for it, or perhaps direct me to a manufacturer of the slide where I might get some info.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
curran4444, First you need to determine if it's a electric/hydraulic slide motor or electric gear drive under the coach. If it's hydraulic, look on the end of the drive motor (front storage compartment) and you will see a round sticker. Peel off this sticker and using a good cordless drill and a hex drive bit, run the motor to extend or retract the slide. If it's electric gear driven, you should be able to find a shaft under the slide with a slotted piece on the end. Find the tool which should have been noted when you picked up the trailer, and crank the slide in or out as needed. Is the reason for your question just in case you need it or do you have an existing problem? If you have an existing problem, explain it and someone may be able to help more. Good Luck.

grizzlygiant

Assuming your North Country is like my Sundance, you will find a "crank hole" on the exterior opposite side from the slide. There is a long-handle crank which came with your rig which when inserted into this hole engages a shaft which operates the slide.

Hart

In the 26RKS North Trail, it is located behind the fascia. This is the decorative "wood" border that outlines the slideout on the interior. The border has to be removed by taking out screws. Then the shaft appears so one can crank manually.

techman

Did the dealer go through a Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) with you? They should have explained this during this 'walk-through'.

Good question. I did not hear of this during my PDI??? Hmmm Ill have to look around at those said locations for an override spot. Thx Smitty