Propane Gas Line Leak

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
:mad: I checked my tanks today, one was empty, so I pulled it out and while I was at it I turned on the gas from the full tank. I went inside and did a modification on the fire place and when I went back outside I smelled gas. I got a water bottle and started spraying connections and didn't find any leak, but the odor was still strong. I started checking the flex line under the kitchen slide (the rubber one) and found what look's like a break or a cut in the line and that was the leak.
Does anyone know if that line can be spliced with a solid pipe inside the rubber one and clamped with screw clamps or should I replace the whole line?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Low pressure, low volume - it ought to hold in a pinch/emergency repair. For the permanent fix / long haul, I'd fix it correctly.

bsummit

Going to local propane dealer Monday and see what he recommends.
Does anyone know what the size of the rubber hose is?

bsummit

Got line fixed. Used a brass barb and hose clamps. Going to get a new line and replace it later on. Now if I could just figure out what cut the line. It's very close to the slide out runner and the gear teeth on bottom of runner. Going to check that when I close slide. The cut looked more like a pinch or a tear.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sound like something that we had happen when we picked up our BC in 07. We smelled gas outside between the gas tank compartment and the kitchen area. Took the rig back to the dealer and found out that the brass coupling between the stovetop and refrig was cracked. Dealer ran down to the hardware store and got a replacement coupling. Quick fix.

Same area but the tire is the root cause of my leaks. First time was right after picking our 09 BH 3670rl up. Got home no Propane; tire had worn a hole in the rubber line. Never unhooked carried it right back to the dealer and they repaced it. Happend again this August; I am guessing that a spare hose will travel well in the big basement. Rex