Fell in love with a 28bhs. How can I find a used one?

W

winbadgers

My wife and I fell in love with a 28bhs today but we would rather not buy new. When I got home I looked all over the net (thus how I found this site) and could not find a single one for sale used. They all were either 2009 or 2008 new.

We just don't want to spend $****** on a camper right now but we absolutely love this camper. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
What the heck ... it's only money and you can't take it with you. Besides the economy needs the boost. LOL

2010augusta

If you can't find a used one, make a low-ball offer to a few dealers and you might be surprised at how fast prices can drop. I got one dealer in Colorado to drop a price almost $* on a Landmark. But I still found one cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hart

I just saw a North TRail, used but it is a 31. It is under For Sale on this forum. Only recent model I have seen for sale pre-owned. Best of luck.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Like Jim Gratz said, just write the check! Its only money so spend the kid's inheritance.

You might want to check with PPL Motorhome Sales http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/ in Houston. They almost always have some used Heartland products there.

W

winbadgers

Not to sound like a rookie to HL (I am :confused:) so this 28bhs is a new model? That is why there are no used ones on the market? A 2006 would be perfect but now I am getting the feeling they just started making them recently. Someone please confirm that.

cjbearden

Visitor
A few days ago we were in Camping World, Katy, TX and there were at least 5 North Trails sitting near the entrance but don't know what year model. They may have had others sitting on a side lot as they had just about every HL product available. Call CW in Katy and talk to Joe French (281) 574-1335. Also, Ray Robinson (574-370-4154), HL representative for CO, TX and some other states may have information for you or be able to give you the name of a HL representative for your area. We run into Ray at various HL dealers and find him to be an excellent source of information. Happy Hunting.

techman

When we started looking for ours 28BHS the difference in cost between a used or new unit was small enough that it made more sense to purchase a new one. Another consideration is that Heartland has changed this model over the last few years. The newest models have diamond plate on the front of the trailer, gas AND electric hot water heater, solid partition for the front bedroom instead of a curtain to name a few. Because these are built individually the changes can come during the middle of a production year. Here is a link discussing some of the changes. http://www.northtrailtalk.com/showthread.php?t=760

Mike

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
My wife and I fell in love with a 28bhs today but we would rather not buy new. When I got home I looked all over the net (thus how I found this site) and could not find a single one for sale used. They all were either 2009 or 2008 new.

We just don't want to spend $****** on a camper right now but we absolutely love this camper. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
New ones are cheaper than used...thats why i bought new. PM me.