Two questions 3250 and 3490

itsbeertime

We looked at a 3250TS yesterday. The unit we saw had a nice size countertop to the right of the stovetop that isn't shown in the brochure. I'd like to know which is accurate and if we were looking at an older model? I would not want to order one and find out they took away the countertop.

There is a 3490BHS shown on the Heartland website that is not in the brochure I have dated 01/09. Is this a new model or a discontinued model? Which is accurate with current models, the brochure or the website?

Thanks!

bigchief

We have an 09 3250TS and the shelf in counter top in question is 16 1/2 in.
And with 4 drawers under it.
We have had ours for going on 7, living in it in the RGV for 4 with no problems to speak of.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have 3250 mfg in jan 07, listed as an 08 model. This model does not have the solid counter tops being one of the first units mfg. The counter to the rt of the stove is 16" wide and also 4 drawers underneath. We love the roominess and openness of the big room and the way the entertainment area is set so that no matter where you sit, you're not cranning you neck to see the tv. That was a design that I like from our KZ camper and was one main feature in looking for a new 5th'r.

We have an 09 3490BHS and love it,however, it is disc, for 2010, who knows why ? the web site is sometimes out of date the 2010 printed info also has mistakes in it as well, talk to your dealer for the most up to date info.

B

bwwalczak

The 3490BHS and 3490RB are not in production for 2010 models since we have replaced them with the 3550TSL (replace the 3490RB) and the 3494QBS (replace the 3490BHS).

The literature is accurate for 2010 models, the web has not been updated yet with all the latest layouts.

If you would like the latest info, feel free to drop me an email:

bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

itsbeertime

Thanks for the replies on the countertop. Still would like to know for sure if it's in the 2010 models though and the brochure is just wrong. Too bad my local dealer has been closed the last 2 days.

It's too bad the 3490 has been discontinued. That was our first choice outside of the 3550TSL which unfortunately is quite a bit longer and heavier which rules it out for my truck. Back to the drawing board. :(

B

bwwalczak

Please keep in mind that even though we are not building the 3490's in this production run, there are several in the field.

I think you stated you are in VA?

If so we have a 3490RB (rear bath) at Camping World, Colfax, NC
and
we have a 3490BHS at Camper Country in Myrtle Beach, SC

Please let me know if you would like us to help connect you.

That answers my question as well. Sorry to see the 3490RB go - I most likely will not buy a heartland trailer because of it (I know there still are a few on lots, but not quite ready yet, and I'm liking the gray color of the 2011).