no lube axles

I have a Big Horn, 3400, 2009. My question is, are the axles on this the never lube kind, or do I have to have the bearings packed. Thanks
Richard of Idaho

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Richard, on the center of your wheel there is a chrome hub. in the center of this is a small plastic disc that you can remove. When removed you should see a zerk fitting or a rubber plug. For a quick touch up you can give it one or two pumps of grease, but this should be done while the wheel is slowly turning. Also you must be careful to not put in so much grease that you will contaminate your brakes. Best bet is to manually repack your bearings. I think you may have Lippert axles, think is the key word here. You can go to their web site and download the instructions for care and feeding of your axles. Actually go HERE.
Peace
Dave

ultra lube axles

I think that I have Ultra Lube axles on my 2009, 3400 Big Horn. Just what does that mean? Do I still have to have them lubed regularly, or is it already done for me?
Richard of Idaho

2010augusta

Ultra lube is an easier to lube system. I have attached a PDF from Lippert about "super-lube" hubs and I believe they are the same as "Ultra-Lube". I apologize if I am mistaken. hope it helps

Attachments

• TrailerAxleLubeAdd.pdf
    575.7 KB · Views: 131