Looking to Full Time...

OK, basically all I am looking for at this time is negatives and positives of the Bighorn unit for full timing. We are almost ready to put our last piece of rental property up for sale and then we plan on ordering a fifth wheel for full timing. Most of the time we would be in the southwest part of the country for winters but of course plan on making trips elsewhere during spring, summer and fall. We can not even come close to affording the Landmark lione so they are out. I found the Bighorn by acident and am really impressed with what I saw, though I have not been in one yet, just saw the floor plans and descriptions on the net at the Heartland web site. I have done a very small amount of research and found that there are a few places where I am thinking we will be able to get a fairly decent deal. We have a Silverado 1-ton dually with the 8.1 Vortec engine, Allison tranny and of course the tow package and 4.10 axle ratio so I am sure we would be able to tow what we would be able to buy with that truck. I was awe struck at what they offer as standard. How is the warranty work if needed? If I were to buy our unit at a long distance dealer how does one go about getting any warranty work done closer to home or to where we would be at any time? How do you all like your Bighorns anyway? Any major things to be careful of with these units, things that the company needs to work on before we consider? I guess I have asked enough questions for now. Sorry for being such a rambler but I am very much interested in this unit for a full time fiver.

Graphic Queen

Deb

Deb
GQ -- I can't answer any of your questions right now -- but in a few more weeks (end of April or first of May) when we pick up our new home on wheels - I will try to answer your questions at that time. Just keep crusing this web site and you will gain a lot of knowledge.

Deb

nhunter

We bought a 3600RL that I live in 2weeks on and one week off. Nice units really like the floor plan. Pulls nice down the highway but you sure know when you hit a hill. You should be able to get warrant work done at any Heartland dealer and the manual says you can get any major work that interupts your trip at any dealer and they will reimburse you.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
We have a 3400rl Bighorn for a year now and love this coach. I would incourage you to not sell that last property as yet until have a feel of full time rving. As much as we love our coach I do not believe I would want to live in this coach 12 months a year. I still like to have a place that I can call home. So after a year you still like to live in this coach than go for it. Happy rving. The Bighorn is a great coach to own!!

Oh we full timed before and only sold and quit so that we could work on this last property and get it sold. We had sold our other RV because we knew it would take a while for us to get this darn property up to snuff. I am sure you realize what renters can do to some places. :eek: Anyway, we know that we can live in the fiver with no problems. I don't want to own any property down here in the southwest at all, though we still own a lot in Dateland, AZ.

GQ