Wheels

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
With new tires sometimes must come new wheels. Any recommendations on replacement wheels? Offset, etc?

I'm trying to make a decision and need some input from the more experienced.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Whatever wheels you get just make sure they are rated for the tire...i.e. 'g' rated tires need 'g' rated rims. If you put a 'g' tire on a 'e' rim the additional pressure required by the 'g' tire could cause the bead to leak or worst blow off.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lefty, do you have the aluminum/alloy wheels now? If so, why would you want to change? So far, everyone I know of has had the aluminum wheels rated for "G" load range tires. Unless of course you have way too much money and need to splurge.:D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty, do you have the aluminum/alloy wheels now? If so, why would you want to change? So far, everyone I know of has had the aluminum wheels rated for "G" load range tires. Unless of course you have way too much money and need to splurge.:D

I wanted to find out about replacements because I'm going to heavier axles later this year...and needed to find out the offset of replacement rims.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wanted to find out about replacements because I'm going to heavier axles later this year...and needed to find out the offset of replacement rims.
Lefty, I'm pretty sure the 7000# axles use the same lug pattern and wheel as the #6000 axle. TXBobcat can confirm this as he has the 7K axle upgrade on his 3400RE. But Hey! If you want fancier wheels, go fer it.:p I'd like to put some Alcoa wheels on my truck but Lin (my CFO) would never approve.:eek: