Fleetwood Bytes the Big One...Film at 11.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Even though Fleetwood was not the top of my list, I hate seeing another company go by the wayside. I feel sorry for the many workers that this will displace. Hopefully like the saying goes "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger".

Mark

jbeletti

I agree with you Mark. I knew nothing of Fleetwood products but it is very sad to see so many more lose their jobs on top of all those already out of work.

I am puzzled by their continued focus on Motorhomes but perhaps they have a fuel efficient design at a lower price point.

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
More bad news for the industry. We looked closely at a couple of their higher end Class A's before settling back down to reality (why spend a fortune at first when you you need to make sure you're going to enjoy it first?). So now we're enjoying it and are focusing on moving up to a bigger, more versatile 5er in a couple of years (retirement time). Sure hope the Augusta is still available then. We absolutely love that layout.

Gus and Debra

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Geeze I hate to see that. I was never a real big fan of Fleetwood but they did fill a nitch and I hate to see them go. Really hate to see it for all the folks who will be out of work. It is real scary times!!

2010augusta

Hate to see them in trouble. My First RV was a '90 Fleetwood Tioga 23' class C. It got us to some great places that I could only dream about hauling the Landmark. (I believe Tioga is an old Indian word meaning "rental") Fleetwood makes the units that a lot of people use to start their RVing experinces.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Hate to hear this. Like has been said, a lot of folks didn't like fleetwood products but my other 5er was a fleetwood Terry and it was never in the shop and I never had to do anything to it. Had it for 7 yrs.
It's so bad for the employees.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is like the song says "Another one bites the dust...and another one gone and another one gone"....

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Its too bad. We had 2 Fleetwood Bounders in the past. For what they where, we had very good luck with them. Bob:(

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
pmm,

Do you/did you haul many Fleetwoods? Wondered how this will affect your business?

This one doesn't affect my business, I've never transported a Fleetwood, I just own one.

Monaco affected our company greatly, both towaway and driveaway divisions, as our terminals were in their back yard in Wakarusa, IN and Coburg, OR. And our Warsaw IN terminal is near their R-Vision plants.

I'm not worried about service for my RV as most parts are pretty much the same as other RVs use. Just kinda worried about the Local dealer a few miles from me who has been in business here for about 30 or 40 years selling Fleetwood. He does have other irons in the fire besides the dealership though.

They are really nice people, hate to see this happen.

I worked at a dealership after I retired from the military that sold Prowlers. I even traded my Cedar Creek for one. Biggest mistake I ever made. Then when in Las Vegas i traded it for my Big Country, smartest move I ever made. Fleetwood started heading south many years ago. No quality in their 5th wheels, and travel trailers. I can't speak for their Class A's. They moved their plants to Mexico to make the trailers. Need I say more. It is to bad that a icon of the industry at one time is gone. The kids of the man that started Fleetwood killed the company. Glad that he is not around to see it happen.