Sundance Owners - Storage Question

itsbeertime

We're looking at a 3300RLB as well as some BC's. I have a mid profile currently and it has roughly the same front basement size as the Sundance, but my front compartment is twice as large plus I have a HUGE rear storage compartment where I keep coolers, extra water, grill, and other misc heavy items. How do you all manage with such a small storage area? Do you keep a lot of stuff inside? The storage (or lack of) on the Sundance really turned me off to it after we looked at it the other day. The floorplan is PERFECT. But storage is not. The dealer offered to add a nice rack to the rear, but I really don't want to go there. And the big brother to the Sundance in the same floorplan in a BC is too big and heavy for my current truck.

itsbeertime

Thanks Jim. I already have looked them over. 38'8" is a tad too long. :( It also has to fit in my yard and some smaller spots here and there. About 36' is max I can go.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Outside storage in the Sundance is a tad small. I've found that using the plastic storage bins (like those sold at Wal-Mart or Target) is one way to start maximizing space. I can stack things in them so much easier. Another space saver is to install a sewr hose holder under the frame. There are instructions and examples on the forum. I also use the front storage compartmane for all my lightest items to keep the weight shifted as far back as possible (pin weight is everything, they say:)). We've found a bike rack that attaches to the rear bumper and will be installing that later. And, as you suggested, we store a lot inside. There's lots of overhead cabinet space that we wen't using that holds fuse boxes, small parts, etc. I look at storage like an engineering/mathmatics challenge. That makes it intriguing for me. I think the advantages of the Sundance (living space and layout, weight, value) far outweighs the few negatives. Just my thoughts. (Boy - my typing s***s today!)

Gus

Rmcgrath53

I have the 2997bhs 2009 It has alot of storage. It has three pantrys and where the bathroom on the 2998 is ,I instead , have a garage , that I built 2 cabinets in , I can carry a 6 foot ladder and all my tools and some chairs in. I see on the web site that they dicontinued that model. That is a perfect floor plan for someone who wants to do some carpentry on the road. I think a potable table saw can go in there. May need to strap the ladder to the outside ladder.Might be able to find a used one , or see if the factory could run one off.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Itsbeertime - we started out with a Sundance 3200es and enjoyed it greatly but also had some concerns of storage (eventho it was better than our sportsman 5r). We upgraded to the Big Country 3250 and WOW what a difference. More storage than you can even imagine both inside and out. We have had the rig starting on our 3rd year and still haven't filled the front storage area up (but the DW is trying with more and more stuff). Your concern was length and this rig is right at 35'. Might fit your bill.