Warranty or my wallet 3055RL

shobbs64

My 3055RL Has the panel above the pinbox is sagging and water is getting into that area. I could not move my fifth wheel out of the place where it was parked because the road to the pad was to muddy;I did have the effected area covered. Long story short is that the warranty expired a month and a half before I could get it to the dealer. I got it to the dealer they said it would take 22 hours shop labor plus parts, big money! Should I have to pay for this!
It is only a year plus 1 and a half months since I purchased it. I called HL left message and they never returned my call. The dealer did sent photos and said they called HL. I did get a copy of the email from the repair dealer to HL.
Any helpful advice would be great. Let me know.
Thank you.
Steve

Pulltab

I would say call them again, they are really busy and a dropped message can sometimes be unfortunately the cause. A second call is a lot better than steaming. Sounds like your dealer is not helping you much. I have found Heartland to be very fair to deal with. :)

boatdoc

I don't think there is any wood in the area you mention. I believe that piece of sheet trim or whatever it is, is just screwed to the underside framework and then bends down to form the front cover where the front storage is. I have seen the seam, mine, where the side butts to this piece and the cover trim seperate a little and the sealant crack thustly letting water run into the pin box area. 22 hours, I must question????
Sure, let Heartland know but I can't see that much time to let the water dry out and reeal the sidewall to bottom pieces.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I would call customer service again and talk with someone. You are usually asked your location so you will be directed to the person for your area. Plead your case. Don't get verbally abusive. Explain how it got the way it was and why you couldn't get it in for service sooner. All you can do at this point is try again but don't put it off any longer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Also when you call Heartland Customer Service be prepared to give them the vin from the unit.

Front end cap water leak

First post or reply, so here goes. We to have a 09 3055 with a similar leak in the front end cap and rear end cap. been in the shop 3 times since 9/20 for this issue. I know it takes time to find these problems. Have you had any positive results. Ours is still at the shop on another issue. We do love the trailer and are eagerly waiting to pick it up.

Happy Campers

shobbs64;63901]Mine is also sagging and i had an appointment at the dealer to fix it. When we stopped by the dealer about six months ago the tech took pics of it.I made arraingments before but today i called to make sure the parts were in and got a surprise.I was told that part wasn't ordered and it wont be until pics are taken and it is authorized by the factory.It isn't covered under warranty OR the extended warranty,they want to try and run it under our insurance.They also knew we were passing thru on our way home so it looks like things changed today,maybe she was having a bad day ?.It's too late to call the factory today but I will do that tomorrow.

wdk450

Leak finder system

First post or reply, so here goes. We to have a 09 3055 with a similar leak in the front end cap and rear end cap. been in the shop 3 times since 9/20 for this issue. I know it takes time to find these problems. Have you had any positive results. Ours is still at the shop on another issue. We do love the trailer and are eagerly waiting to pick it up.

There is a system that pressureizes your coach interior and then bubble solution is sprayed on the exterior to locate leak sources. Heartland used to say that they did this on th production line.

Here is a link:
http://www.rverscorner.com/info/raintest/raintest.html

phoenix50

Re: Leak finder system

I have a similar problem. Took delivery in Dec 2008, 1st trip in April and then the problems started. Continued in and out of shop then 2 1/2 months back in the shop, Sep-Dec. Heartland was great until I asked for an extension thru this spring to make sure everything was working. The answer was NO. I still have some of the old issues and alot more new ones & without their warranty I am paying $$$. GOOD LUCK.