already worried and havent taken deliver yet

Bobby A

I have been reading for the last hour, 13 pages of complaints regarding a/c low air flow. What are you doing to correct this problem ?? Sounds like its gone on for years. Please assure me that my unit that will be built sometime this month will NOT have these issues I have ordered at 3580 B/H with many optional.

rckc228

Heartland does stand good for their trailers. If it is not right they will repair it.They have been getting better with the PDI and quality control.Remember they our one of the fastest growing RV makers.You really get more bang for your buck with Heartland they we honor the warranty and make things right.

jbeletti

I have been reading for the last hour, 13 pages of complaints regarding a/c low air flow. What are you doing to correct this problem ?? Sounds like its gone on for years. Please assure me that my unit that will be built sometime this month will NOT have these issues I have ordered at 3580 B/H with many optional.

Bobby,

Your unit will be fine.

Jim

Relatively New Owner Myself

Bobby,
I'm a relatively new owner myself, and got pretty worked up about some of these and other mechanical issues prior to taking delivery of our BH 3055. The truth is that some of the modifications you read here are improvements -- meaning that during some of the hottest days of August last year (our month of purchase), our camper was cool. With this mod, it probably could have been cooled better.
Bottom line, it's easy to get worked up by the postings here. You will probably have a little issue or two, but in the grand scheme of things I think you'll be thrilled with your purchase. I know we are.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bobby
Every manufacturer has problems with their RV. Heartland does a good job of taking care of their products. One thing you can say is that the Heartland company will be around to fix your trailer. Many of the others are going out of business and will never be there to help you with any problems that may arise.

So if you look at it in a different way, Heartland would be the best manufacturer to purchase because they will be around to repair anything that might go wrong. If you look at a lot of the posts, you might also find the bigger problem is not with Heartland but with the dealers.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And our new 3670 is still waiting for us, too. And having read these forums since purchasing it last October has created a huge pucker factor for me, as well. But with all the complaints and problems, one can only hope that when spread across the entire production run that they are more isolated than they appear here.

The good thing about seeing all of the problems is that it gives you more details to look at when doing your inspection. Unfortunately, that list keeps getting longer.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
JohnDar, you need not be worried about your new rig, just do a thorough PDI and don't take possession until everything is repaired to your satisfaction. When we bought our BH3400RE we took two days to do the PDI and the extra effort has paid off with no problems found later. When I related on this forum about taking two days to do the PDI somebody said that was too long and not necessary, but I still stand by that statement and it will pay off in the long run. The only thins we had problems with were the Coby DVD player and a light above the sofa (which I broke while trying to adjust it) both things couldn't be found during the PDI.

Bobby A

I'am jumping ship from a very good and reliable manufacture (Keystone), I have nothing but good things to say about the company and my rig, we have just outgrown it and Heartland had the floorplan and more storage areas for our needs. If my rig isn't right, I'll jump right back off that ship.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, like JohnDar said the number of complaints verses the thousands of coaches in the field is minor. Living in MI you most likely will not encounter the extreme temps of the south. I think is is unrealistic to expect that one AC will do the job in extreme sun baked temps. Thats why ALL manufacturers have provisions for adding a second AC. Stop fretting and look forward to using that new 3580. Awsome coach.
Peace
Dave

truknutt

Committed Member
Bobby,

I think you have to put all that you read into perspective. The systems aren't defective; some may just need some tweaks to make them a little more efficient. Also remember that those overly concerned with the airflow are most likely full timing in some warmer climates than say, your Michigan or my Pennsylvania. (Texas, Arizona, California, Florida, etc...)

I am a part timer and when I take the rig out, the last thing I really want to do is lock myself in the A/C...I could save myself a whole lotta fuel money and stay home if that's all we had planned to do. Additionally, I wonder how many different suppliers there are for the RV industry? It may be a good bet that the unit you have/had in your Keystone is the same as the one in the new Heartland.

Please don't consider jumping ship before you ever get to the pier. I'd hate for you to miss the satisfaction that most of us have experienced.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Bobby:
Elizabeth and I have had our 3670 since Sept. '07, and couldn't be happier. We had a couple of minor issues, mainly with dealers, but Heartland stepped up with each one. I know you will love your rig as much as we do ours. There are a lot of posts regarding problems, I will give you that, but just imagine how many many satisfied owners are out there, that have no reason to post on the site. You only read about the ones that have problems. I can count the minor problems that I have had on one hand, and not one of them was a result of inferior crafstmanship on the part of Heartland. So, relax, wait and see what happens, and enjoy your new rig.
Fred

timk

Cool thread huh. The good news is its a real simple fix if you think you need more air.

Bobby A

Thanks Fred, I will wait and see, I don't agree with Cookie that it is unrealistic that one a/c unit should be fine. Heartland brochure boast about 0 degree to 100 degree testing and keep the rig confortable. Unless I missed the small print, I didn't see where a second a/c is required for those measurments. And truknut yur probably right about the a/c unit being the same as in my old rig, however I don't and never had a issue with this a/c unit. I will be full time, 6 mo Fl. 6 mo. Michigan. We do stay on a Lake with no tree's to hide the sun. My current unit keep us very confortable when the weather gets real hot. I just feel the 13 pages of conplaints/ modification is unexceptable. The company should be addressing this issues not the owners.

This is not my 1st rig or 2nd, I realize there will be minor defects, I don't consider low flow a/c being minor, especially since it has been an issue for quite some time, so it appears. The manufacture should step up to the plate and get it right !! or if its a supplier issue, put pressure on the supplier to get it right.

osims

bsims
Bobby A
You might not agree with Cookie and thats your choice, but if you come to Texas in the summer you will soon agree. This is our fourth trailer over the many years and the last three have had two a/c units. The testing Heartland does i don't dispute. When you get to different areas of the country humidity as we have here plays a big role- around 90% most of the time. I have been reading and posting on this forum for a couple of years and have my second Heartland 5er now. If they weren't of good quality there would not have been #2.
Bill

jnbhobe

Bobby;The thread your referring to was basically an improvement for air flow,I think a lot of us did it to help make the ac run more efficiently. I cleaned up my vents and added the tent and it may have help it run less.My last unit was a Keystone Challenger and I had to replace the AC under warranty. The duct work on the Challenger was a lot worse as far as alignment and fit and finish than my Bighorn. Your new coach will be in soon, so go out and enjoy it!! JON ;););)

Bobby A

thanks everyone, I know I've gotten worked up over this, I'll try to settle down and hope for the best when my new unit arrives. I hope some day I can be a proud owner of Heartland as I have been of Keystone. I was hoping someone from the factory would address this and put it to bed, haven't seen anyone yet other than Jim

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
High FEARS concerning QC

We have a 3600RL on order and is being built as I type this. We have to admit that we have fears concerning QC because Heartland is building a 3600RL special with an upgrade to the "LANDMARK Frame and Water Tank". This will increase our fresh water capacity to what the LANDMARK has. We have read many complaints about the fresh water tank system when the unit is assemblied incorrectly. Since we are paying a premium for the upgrade, we hope everyday that the fine people building our unit are doing a GREAT job.None

Presenting owning a newer Keystone Everest, which we are trading in, the 2010 Bighorn design is far superior to Everest. This is why we are buying a Heartland RV!!:)

Bobby A

We were at the factory a couple weeks ago, we had a very nice walk through with Tim Koffman, he gave us a nice tour as production was rolling. All the men & women working on these units appeared to know there jobs well. The only thing I noticed was, they were all moving real fast, kinda telling me they had alot to do in a short amount of time before the unit gets pushed to the next station. Let's set back and hope for the best, gather a list from this forum for our PDI. We are trading in a Keystone product also.

Ken, again thanks for your encouragement.

bigredtruck

We also went from a Keystone to a Heartland and couldn't be happier. This was our first brand new unit and hubby drove from the West coast to Michigan to pick it up, so I spent a lot of time online 'looking for trouble'. He did a thorough PDI and so far, so good. We are taking it on our first real trip tomorrow, so I may have other things to say in a week, but I think we got good value for our money. Once you see your rig, the worrying stops.
BTW, there are some good PDI lists online as well. DH took one of those with him, as well as a list I compiled of every problem anyone had ever had on this forum. Maybe it was overkill, but since our dealer isn't around the corner, we wanted to be as thorough as possible.

Shadowchek

I'am jumping ship from a very good and reliable manufacture (Keystone), I have nothing but good things to say about the company and my rig, we have just outgrown it and Heartland had the floorplan and more storage areas for our needs. If my rig isn't right, I'll jump right back off that ship.

We looked at the keystone Laredo, Challenger and Everest. We really liked the way they looked. Then I seen a challenger and an Everest both in exellent cosmetic condition a couple of years old with drawer problems. the drawer glides were one glide going down the middle and some of them were broken. when you pulled out the bedroom dresser draweres they pulled out awkwardly. You had to make sure to pull them out and push them in straight. We just went through all that on our Dutchmen no thankyou. The drawers on the Bighorn work great with the 2 ball bearing glides per drawer and talk about basement storage. The big horn or even the Sundance had much better quality Than the Keystones. also the basement was smaller in the Keystones. After looking at the Bighorn and Everest side by side it was a no brainer. Most of the stuff on this forum are improvements. My unit was completely functional right off of the dealers lot. We love our unit and wanted to make some changes to make it as good as it can be because it's a keeper.

Greg

Last edited: