Receptacles out - Looking for problem. Ideas?

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Jim - the 2 glass inserts(doors) were where the slide out controls, water pump switch, and etc. Were located and the glass insert door right above it. They are now both wooden doors.
I have about 1/2 of the recep. Out in the rv. I found the grd. Fault recep. In the bathroom, is there another one? If not, i need to do a little checking to see which recep. Is disconnected. The breakers all show good.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kenny, The bathroom ground fault receptacle is main one and the other areas that require GFI protection are in line after the bath GFI. What, specifically, is the problem you are having?

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I'm not Jim, but you have grd. fault recep. in the kitchen also. Check to see if they need reseting. Did you see if the one in the bath needed reseting?
Good luck.
Bill

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Jim - the 2 glass inserts(doors) were where the slide out controls, water pump switch, and etc. Were located and the glass insert door right above it. They are now both wooden doors.
I have about 1/2 of the recep. Out in the rv. I found the grd. Fault recep. In the bathroom, is there another one? If not, i need to do a little checking to see which recep. Is disconnected. The breakers all show good.

Your question is very difficult to understand. If you have that many outlets out your GFI is either faulty or you have a CB out...the circuit breakers on my 3055 are really difficult to reset,and will look ok when in fact they are tripped.

You need to flip all your CB's down to the bottom position and insure they are really tripped out. By pushing them down to the bottom position firmly, if they are tripped you will hear a click...and another when you return the breaker to the on position.

Not all of my outlets appear to be on the GFI, and I cannot find any wiring diagrams to show the wiring itself. There are wiring layouts...but, no wiring diagrams that I have been able to locate.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Ground fault update. I've found the problem, it was the nut behind the steering wheel, me! Seems we had about half the recep. Working. I thought i reset the grd. F. In the bath, but did not push the button hard enough or something. Went to shave and electric razor didn't work, then i pushed the reset several times and it finally reset, then all the recep. Were working fine. Does any of that make any sense? I thought if the grd. F. Went out, it killed all the recep. But i guess not. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it. :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kenny, I'm no electrician but I think the way it works is, The Circuit breaker allows juice to the Bath GFI. Any outlet needing GFI protection in the rig, is wired in line after the Bath GFI and gets its protection from the Bath GFI. Our 3400 has 3 outlets after the Bath GFI. All of these on one 15 amp circuit breaker.
1 Kitchen outlet
2 Docking Center
3 Reefer
There may be more but I haven't done any testing to be certain.

ct0218

That is correct Ray. I believe the residential code is any outlet within 4 feet of a faucet, and all exterior outlets must be protected by a GFCI. The RVIA code is probably very similar. My GFCI was overheating somewhat, and tripped out several times. I replaced all my receptacles and the GFCI with a much higher quality hard-wired receptacles (rather than push-in terminals) than what Heartland is using. Heartland is not alone, I think they all use from the same source and it is designed for quick installation. The contact area on a push-in is much smaller than the screw contact area and that can cause some resistance.

wdk450

Kenny:
Many of the GFI receptacles have a pilot light LED on them. If yours doesn't, it might be worthwhile for easy troubleshooting to get one that does from a hardware store and (safely) wire it in.

Bill Knight
Sacramento