2998RB.... Deposit Down

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Hi all, I have been lurking for sometime and recently took the plunge and put down a deposit on an 09 2998RB.

A couple of questions about next steps.....
What should I expect during Delivery?
What key things should I look for during our delivery.... specific to this model?
The unit does not have the counter top extension, is this something I can order from the factory and install myself? (I am not to handy;))

Mark

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Seeing as how my unit will be here very soon, this is a great question to have asked. I'd sure like to know some of the answers from you all "experienced" folks.

rckc228

Congrats and welcome to the Heartland Forum. A great bunch of people that more than willing to share their knowledge and experience.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are not too handy then I would suggest you order the counter extension. It is not too hard to put on but if you make a mistake you might have some extra holes in the end of the counter.

jimtoo

Del600,
You are in the right place for Sundance now, don't know about earlier, maybe one of the other mods moved it.

But when you take your PDI tour, be sure and have them check and show you the operation of every item. Even if it takes all day and try to get them to fix anything you find before signing on the bottom line. Another good thing is to have a check list.

This is a link to a good check list that JP Morgan posted.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/RV_checklists/PDI_V113.txt

Jim M

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratulations on your purchase Mark. If it were me I would get the extension put on by the factory. I would let the factory do any and all options they provide. In the long run it is a lesser expense and you will have the factory backing if something would go wrong. Other than that I would let your dealer do installs while they prep your unit. A lot of times they will install items for little cost because of your purchase with them.

Good luck and welcome to the forum,
Mark

Rmcgrath53

Welcome Del600. My advise to you would be to check the fittings at hot water tank and pull the wand out for the outside shower. /Then check for leaks. I say that because that is the problems we had after delivery.Who knows, might have been a newbe on the line in the plumbing position. The fitting was not evan hand tightened on the tank, and the plastic fitting at the shower manifold(outside) broke on the original and the one replaced. Ended up buying an upgraded one in its place.
ron

tmcran

Be sure they spary water inside the shower and check for leaks around the surround and pan. Also have them spray water around the slides with them extended. I had problems with both these areas.