Buying out of State

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
We have a deposit on a 2998RB and am concerned that I don't really have a local Sundance dealer... closest one is over an hour away.

Will a local Heartland dealer be able to service my rig, as well as perform warranty work, if needed?

jbeletti

Hi Del600,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order. Regarding local service, I suggest you contact the service department of the local dealer to discuss this. If you meet resistance, then call our Customer Service department to discuss options (877-262-8032).

Jim

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Thanks Jim for the response.

I guess I am trying to understand the "system", not ready to blow the whistle on anyone.

Mark

jbeletti

No problem at all Mark. For your peace of mind, I urge you to make that call. Best to know now then to find out at a difficult time. If you need to make a plan "B", good to make that plan now with Heartland, just in case.

Bottom line though, we want you happy and we will always do our best to ensure that happiness.

tmcran

We have a deposit on a 2998RB and am concerned that I don't really have a local Sundance dealer... closest one is over an hour away.

Will a local Heartland dealer be able to service my rig, as well as perform warranty work, if needed?

From what I have found is that if you didn't buy your
RV from the dealer you want to take it to for warranty work you may get it or not. Several have been told we will work on your RV but you go to the end of the line as we do our folks first. The advise you got to call the dealer near you is sound advise. Example: I bought a 2009 2998RB on 2-7-09. I could have bougth it about 600 miles away and saved $1200.
I'm gald I didn't as I have had my Sundance at the dealer now for almost 3 weeks for all kinds of problems. The main problem is a leaking front bedroom slide. I'm not sure I would have gotten the same treatment and concern if I had not gotten the RV from my dealer. I sure hope you have better luck than I have had. I have it for 1 day out of the last 3 weeks.
Had to cancell2 trips already.:(