Fresh Water Tank Drain on 2005 Landmark Mt Rushmore??

Wheats

We have a 2005 Landmark Grand Canyon. It is equipped with Power Tank Drain for the fresh water tank and Power Winterization e/w lengthy hose for access to RV antifreeze containers.

I have never found a fresh water tank drain valve on this unit and have used RV antifreeze to ensure the fresh water tank fittings would not freeze and break.

Is there supposed to be a manual fresh water drain valve on this unit?? I have looked and looked under the unit and have even asked others to confirm I did not miss it. The tank is rear of the axles.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We have a 2005 Landmark Grand Canyon. It is equipped with Power Tank Drain for the fresh water tank and Power Winterization e/w lengthy hose for access to RV antifreeze containers.

I have never found a fresh water tank drain valve on this unit and have used RV antifreeze to ensure the fresh water tank fittings would not freeze and break.

Is there supposed to be a manual fresh water drain valve on this unit?? I have looked and looked under the unit and have even asked others to confirm I did not miss it. The tank is rear of the axles.
Hi Wheats, We own a 2005 Landmark,Mt. Rushmore and there is no fresh water tank drain under the unit.Just turn the valves in the off door side storage compartment to power tank drain to drain the fresh water tank.

Wheats

Thanks Terry and Renee,

That has been our approach, however, I wasn't certain whether it is a bottom mounted drain or side-mounted drain. If it is side-mounted, it would leave some water in the tank. The other issue is that the fill hose may have a low point, and if antifreeze is not used, it may freeze the inlet line.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Terry and Renee,

That has been our approach, however, I wasn't certain whether it is a bottom mounted drain or side-mounted drain. If it is side-mounted, it would leave some water in the tank. The other issue is that the fill hose may have a low point, and if antifreeze is not used, it may freeze the inlet line.
I think I have a diagram of the fresh water tank system that I got from Heartland. I will try to find it latter on today. If I can I will let you know.