problem with Wire Tray

salmon919

Just picked up our new Sundance 2900MK this weekend. When we got home and I noticed we had wires hanging down on the Couch slide side. After looking closer the wire tray for the slide broke off from the frame and was dragging on the tire. Lucky for us it did not touch any of the wires. Contacted our dealer and he is looking into getting us another one . Problem is this is a cheap piece of plastic that will break again because it needs to be hinged on both sides or it will break again Has anyone else had this problem with this wire tray. Thanks

nscaler2

Salmon 919,Check the following thread: Landmark Technical Discussions/Landmark - Design ideas/Plastic wire support. There is a photo there of how one other person fixed this problem. It seems that this is a recurring problem with all the Heartland products. Seems that Heartland should put some pressure on Lippert to redesign that part. This problem has been persistent for a quite a while. You would think Heartland would care more about it's own reputation and customers.Tom and Bobbi

zsa-zsa

sundance kid
I have a sundance , 2900 rk ,which i ordered picked it up, feb 23 ,headed to floirida . I to have a broken wire tray.. real cheap isnt it.. think heartland has a lack of quality workmen ship... don't get wrong i like trailer'' Cuts in floor linoium , storage access door, not cut right, leaks in water when rains, moisture barrior paper missing under coach. scratch marks on back of coach .A screw is comming thru front cap, and side at roof edge. .cable wiring wired backward ,w/sat wires..Ac unit was replaced in Florida that was defected unit...somthing wrong .Micro. toilet won't hold water in bowl...heading back north now ,,called factory they don't handle any repairs . must go to dealers...

zsa-zsa

sundance kid
:eek: :) :) :( i to have same problem with wire see ZSA-ZSA
salmon919 said:
Just picked up our new Sundance 2900MK this weekend. When we got home and I noticed we had wires hanging down on the Couch slide side. After looking closer the wire tray for the slide broke off from the frame and was dragging on the tire. Lucky for us it did not touch any of the wires. Contacted our dealer and he is looking into getting us another one . Problem is this is a cheap piece of plastic that will break again because it needs to be hinged on both sides or it will break again Has anyone else had this problem with this wire tray. Thanks