Couple more questions for you lucky 2010 owners!

skyguy

We are getting closer to an order / purechase with every day! Now we are back on the 3670 kick...

On the 2010's with the new "slam" basement doors... (Slam is a wierd word for them - do they really slam?) How far will the door open?? I've seen photos with the doors at 90 degrees to the wall, and the looks like a good target for the wind to rip the door off completely.... Or will the door open completely to the wall??

2nd ? - petty yes, but I got to thinking.... is a sewer hose included in the package? How long? Is it good quality??? I can relate a story (hope you aren't eating) about one of my "aged" sewer hoses cloggin up at the drain pipe, and suddenly it begam to sprout quite a few pin hole leaks as the pressure built.... and then I got the black water shut off!! (Thank god)

Thanks for the replies

Al Schlafli

jbeletti

Hi Al,

I hope Alan (2010augusta weighs in on this too) - the doors do not slam on their on per se. But you can give them a push and they will shut and latch "on their own" - hence, slam door or slam latch design.

Since the early 2010s were produced, based on customer feedback, we worked with our supplier to have the door-side large door hinged at the top, so it won't act as a large sail when open - to smack your backside :)

It does "not" open a full 180 degrees but opens pretty high. It also has 2 gas struts on it.

The off door side large door, the propane door and the hydraulics door remain "side-hinged" and open up "nearly" 180 degrees from what I have seen.

Not sure on sewer hose storage on BH - someone with a 2010 BH will let you know :)

If it is not a Valterra EZ-Hose Carrier and you want one, you can have these added by your dealer. I know Camping World stocks them as well.

2010augusta

My slam doors open are both side hinged (early 2010 design) and they open to just over 90 degrees. I have not had any problems with wind catching them. I have looked at adding a strut/strap to hold the door open and control it a little better, but really like not having to duck down to get to the storage area (I'm 6'4" and I don't like stooping over).

For your second part the factory does not include a hose, but your dealer might, so ask the dealer. I already had a nice 20' hose, so I gave the new one to my father to replace his aging one. I am able to store 2 ten(10) foot sewer hoses in the factory storage tube.

rckc228

Just pick up my 2010 Augusta and the Slam doors now open up wards .The opening is fully accessible. The gas struts hold it open and appears very stable.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Al
This is a subject that gets discussed often.
I don't use the factory storage for my hose. The dealer supplied my first sewer hose. It was short and not very good. Go to a good RV parts place and buy a good one. Get a Clear 45* adapter, get an adapter to go on to the 45* adapter and connect to the hose. Now you should get a screw adapter that goes into the sewer pipe and the part that connects to the hose and the screw on adapter.

You will definitely have to get a good hose and attachments. Part of the deal for all of us.

Here is a thread that discussed the topic recently.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=384

Also go to Camping World's web site and look for some of these. But do get a good quality hose and attachments. You will not be disappointed.

Sewer Hose
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/camco-super-heavy-duty-sewer-hose-20-ft/20470

Clear sewer Adapter
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/clear-sewer-adapters/3709

Straight fitting adapter
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/valterra-sewer-fittings/1439

Coupler
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/e-z-hose-coupler/3422

Combination
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/e-z-coupler-bayonet-adapter/14487

The suggestion that JimB gave is a good one. This is also what a lot of others use also.

skyguy

Thanks TX!!

I already did that - guess I could have completed the story... after the "sprinkler" affair, I purchased a new, longer hose from CW, also got the 45 clear bracket, works great!

I tossed the old one in the trash - that one was ready for a mjor "explosion"

Al S.

HOSS

I like the new doors with the "slam" style latches and gas struts. Wonder if it could be done to my early 2009 3670. If anyone has done a upgrade to their doors with the struts and new latches let me know if it is worth the effort.

Thanks, HOSS

2010augusta

I like the new doors with the "slam" style latches and gas struts. Wonder if it could be done to my early 2009 3670. If anyone has done a upgrade to their doors with the struts and new latches let me know if it is worth the effort.

Thanks, HOSS

as far as the latch goes, it is not possible completely different doors, all aluminum, and squared corners. you could add gas struts to the "old style" doors just have someone else post up a part # for the struts on the 2010 and have your local auto parts store cross-reference them, and get you the mounts. should be pretty simple to make it work.