Tank locations

Dmaxcc6spd

After weighing the unit, I was wondering what effect the water and waste holding tanks would have on pin weight. I have a 2998RB Sundance. Where exactly are the tanks located? If I count correctly, I have one water and 3 waste tanks.

Thanks!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dmax, anything in the tanks aft of the axles will decrease your pin weight and anything forward of the axles will increase your pin weight. I don't think either will make a significant enough difference to be noticeable. Maybe 100-150 lbs. either way. I dont' know where the tanks are located in the Sundance. I'm guessing fresh water is aft, kitchen grey is over the axles, black is next and bath grey is forward.

Last edited:

tmcran

Dmax, I put about 20-25- gals in the fresh water tank and I could hear the water running in the tank. I also noticed the bottom sagging about 3 or so inches just infront and over the front axel. I try to travel with only a few gal in the fresh tank and keep the gray and black tanks empty.

D

Dave Willis

We have 1 57gal fresh water tank, 2 40gal grey tanks, one for the bathroom and 1 for the kitchen and you have 1 40gal black tank that is for the toilet. They are all located in the underbelly and they are spread out evenly. When the tanks are full, the hitch weight shouldn't change more than 1 percent.

Thanks,

Dmaxcc6spd

We have 1 57gal fresh water tank, 2 40gal grey tanks, one for the bathroom and 1 for the kitchen and you have 1 40gal black tank that is for the toilet. They are all located in the underbelly and they are spread out evenly. When the tanks are full, the hitch weight shouldn't change more than 1 percent.

Thanks,

I guess the biggest question is where is the fresh water tank? I usually fill it about 1/2 or so while travelling so we have adequate water for "personal" pit stops and water for our dog.

D

Dave Willis

All of our grey and black tanks are 40 gallons.

Thanks,