bulb life?

davelinde

We are FT and been in the RV for a little more than 4 months now. Recently the bulbs have begun to go all over... 4 in the last 2 weeks. Is this typical life? I'm replacing them with WM "long life" bulbs - we'll see how that goes. Not terrible at .90 cents each.

We had our last rig 4 years and camped in it 100's of nights and I cannot remember replacing any bulbs?

2010augusta

if your talking about the incandescent bulbs, your trailer might have got a bad batch. The automotive long life bulb would probably be your best bet.

davelinde

if your talking about the incandescent bulbs, your trailer might have got a bad batch. The automotive long life bulb would probably be your best bet.

yep the 12V incandescents are popping. The first 3 went out with a big black coat inside the glass... the last one went white and blue. DD thought it was pretty. I suspect they are not well sealed. The replacements came out of the auto dept at WM. code matched and they fit/work.

2010augusta

the failure mode you describe is a bulb leak and an over heat condition, once the you have new bulbs in place they should start lasting longer. You got bad bulbs, sorry

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We are FT and been in the RV for a little more than 4 months now. Recently the bulbs have begun to go all over... 4 in the last 2 weeks. Is this typical life? I'm replacing them with WM "long life" bulbs - we'll see how that goes. Not terrible at .90 cents each.

We had our last rig 4 years and camped in it 100's of nights and I cannot remember replacing any bulbs?

The same thing happened to me...I had to replace 12 bulbs. Sometimes, they would go out two at a time.

Before I went all fluorescent, I replaced all the blown bulbs with some 15 year olds I found in my Airstream...those still worked when removed. New bulbs popped on contact.