Great Forum! Hello!

Midastouch

I am glad I found this forum because I have been researching several 5er brands and thought I had my choice narrowed down enough to be able to place an order soon .... until I heard about the Landmark. (I've been looking at the Escalades by KZ, if it matters) These forums are a great source of info ... especially for us folks that are new to this.

Let me tell you my concerns and maybe I can get more info prior to my visit to the closest dealer to me on Friday to look at the models in person.

I will be using this unit on a full time basis in a permanant spot, for the time being .... eventually getting on the road when the opportunity for me to do that gets here. Meanwhile, I am concerned about the probability of high "service calls" and having to haul this thing 3 hours to Denton, Texas. I realized that things can, and do go wrong, but what kind of service call history is there on a Landmark? I guess that might be a silly question and maybe I should rephrase my question to just simply ask .... other than getting what appeals to me visually, why should I buy a Landmark? I know the saleman will tell me why, but I want the Landmark owners to tell my why I should consider a Landmark over the others!

Anyone dealt with Explore USA in Denton, Texas? I may be headed over there Friday to check out the units and would like a little advice if I can get it! Not sure I like the idea of having to "haggle" with a saleman though.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I bought a Bighorn 3500 RL from Explore RV USA in Denton in April 2005. They are good people to deal with. The Sales person, Craig Austin that we dealt with was easy going and not pushy to close a sale. if he did not know the answer he would find out the answer, even if it meant he had to call the Factory to get the answer. To get a discount price you will need to make an offer. We only spent about 15 minutes to get to the price we were willing to pay.

The Sales manager, Dave Evans. He cares about the customer's problems and makes sure that are resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

Mark Shipman, is the service manager and will do whatever possible to repair the unit properly.

Here is the web site to Expore RV USA http://www.exploreusa.com/ then chose Denton Sales Location.

Midastouch

Thanks Terry ... I plan on riding over there tomorrow 4/7, I had called over there last week they connected me to a salesman (Bobby Kennedy) on the phone. He has called me several times and I hope I can deal with him as he seems a little anxious to sell me a Landmark, but has been pleasant to talk with, so far! I got a copy of the dealer options list and MSRP on the Landmark models ... at least I have some idea of what I'm looking at as I already know what options I want. I just have to decide what floorplan will best suit me.

I suppose I should start a new post in another place concerning all this but wanted to say HELLO to everyone and look forward to exchanging info and meeting new friends down the road!

K

Ken Washington

Midastouch,
If you order, do yourself a favor and get two heat pump A/C's and the dual pane windows. If you read enough in this fourm, you can see that this has been a big problem.
Ken

Midastouch

I will probably end up ordering because I know what I want and doubt the dealer would have a unit available with all the options! I definately had dual pane windows on my list and 2 air conditioners. I'm not sure I know enough about heat pump models to have made that choice ... but sure will get educated on them .... can you direct me to some info or tell me the difference?

K

Ken Washington

Midastouch,
Heat pumps will save you alot of propane and heat your trailer with the temp. down to about 30 degrees outside. Any lower and they don't do to much to help. All that a heat pump does is reverse itself and extract heat out of the outside air and puts it inside.
Ken