Rear Cap 'hairline' cracks

geeksrus

When washing the rig, I noticed 'hairline' lines/cracks on the top of the rounded portion below the rear window. Quite a number going across & each is 8-12 inches long.

Is this a common problem & is there a way for fix?

I tried to take a picture but the lines didn't show.

Thanks Eh!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
When washing the rig, I noticed 'hairline' lines/cracks on the top of the rounded portion below the rear window. Quite a number going across & each is 8-12 inches long.

Thanks Eh!

Are these cracks in the fiberglass or cracks in the clear coat?

How deep are they??

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Thanks Eh!

I had one in the upper left corner of my rear cap. It was not just a surface crack but the fiberglass was cracked. I had it fixed (under warranty) by RV Capital Service Center in Elkhart last March. They have the best fiberglass/paint guy I have ever seen. He fixed it right and you cannot even tell it was ever there. If you are going to the Rally in Goshen in June and your rig will still be in warranty you might be able to get it taken care of then. But you will have to make arrangements in advance as they get very busy in the summer. By the way the whole job only took 2 days.

HappyKayakers

We had some spider web cracks on the rear cap and had them repaired by a fiberglass expert under warranty in Amarillo TX